CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Java Developer in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J1121-1650
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is looking for a Java Developer for one of our exciting Health IT projects. The ideal candidate to join our existing project team with diverse technical background that focuses on delivering high quality, high-value solutions using various technologies. As an integral member of our delivery team, the Senior Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical application. The candidate will join a dedicated team with a culture of sharing knowledge, and goal oriented individuals.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Technology
• 6+ years of Java/J2EE Software Development experience
• 5+ years of RDBMS and SQL programming experience
• Hands-on experience with Spring Framework
• Hands-on experience with JPA and Java ORM frameworks, such as iBatis, Hibernate, Open JPA, Spring Data JPA, etc.
• Hands-on experience designing and developing front end and back end solutions
• Hands-on experience configuring and managing CI/CD pipeline for Java EE application
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong trouble shooting skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Be able to:
• Prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and coordinate schedules with others
• Produce documentation, follow process, and possess good organizational skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate commitment to quality and client satisfaction
• Ability to work independently and conduct self-directed research
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) projects
• Experience working with provider datasets
• Working experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM MQ
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.