CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jr. Application Developer (C#) in Fairfax, Virginia
Jr. Application Developer (C#)
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Jr. Application Developer (C#)
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0821-0288
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI is part of a team to support and modernize multiple case management solutions using Agile DevSecOps teams at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We have built, maintained and enhanced multiple solutions over the years for USCIS we have deployed to AWS. Our experienced teams are repeatedly called upon to address the latest challenges using new technology.
To support our new teams, we need Application Developers that are able to learn new technologies while learning and enhancing the existing systems. You will deploy all applications to the cloud automatically using Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and so understanding the importance of test driven development is key.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with Business Analysts and subject matter experts to understand requirements and translate to software solutions.
• Create and sustain applications using C#, React, Angular and other development environments.
• Maintain code quality, organization and performance.
• Participate in design meetings with other projects and the client’s technical specialists.
• Provide support for downstream testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Work with other Agile teams to effectively design, build and deliver cloud-based solutions.
• Work with other teams to coordinate integration testing across multiple teams (more than 3).
• Participate in daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, sprint demos and other Agile ceremonies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• 3+ years of development experience in the IT field focusing on development projects using React, Angular or Spring development environments.
• 3+ years developing in C#.
• Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git).
• Experience developing and deploying to AWS.
• Proficient with build tools such Maven.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with test-driven development.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience working with USCIS architecture, engineering and other organizations.
• Experience designing and developing applications and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture.
• Experience developing and maintaining micro-services.
• Knowledge of RESTful API-based applications.
• Familiarity with Docker and containerization.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.