CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Lead Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0521-2856
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is one of the largest global IT companies, spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,500 members.
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced architect who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You enjoy challenging opportunities that make a real impact on client missions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As the Lead Architect, you will apply proven expertise in developing modern, frontend web applications and APIs. Your expertise in application design and development, AWS cloud-native development, Agile, continuous deployment, automated testing, and DevSecOps will be instrumental in enabling our client to achieve their objectives. You will bring lessons learned and expertise from leading successful custom development of open source-based applications within AWS cloud infrastructure.
You are adept at collaborating with clients, including technical teams and product teams, to advance the business mission through modern IT solutions. As our project’s Lead Architect and member of our contract project management team, you will be responsible for leading technical solution efforts, including directing development team members in resolving complex technical challenges quickly.
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader focused on delivering client results. You bring the expertise and experience necessary to help clients implement modern systems that make the best use of available open source software and AWS services. You look forward to opportunities to roll up your sleeves and help the team work through tough technical issues. You enjoy working within a collaborative and dynamic team environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years’ experience as an architect for systems utilizing microservice architecture, open source software, and AWS cloud-native designs (including both serverless and containerized deployments)
• Demonstrated experience as technical lead, driving solution design and development across the full lifecycle for software development projects
• In-depth understanding of event-driven architecture, APIs, MVC, and cloud design patterns for high availability, resiliency, and performance
• Experience with languages and open source frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js, Spring, J2EE, Java
• Experience collaborating with UX designers to develop frontends that meet customer requirements for usability and accessibility
• Ability to work in an Agile environment; includes contributing to Agile ceremonies and supporting demos of code/functionality
• Demonstrated experienced with CI/CD, TDD and/or BDD, and DevSecOps approaches
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Support Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), including cost estimation, as well as outlining potential solution approaches and vetting approaches with Product Owners, CGI Project Managers, and other SMEs
• Lead technical meetings and working groups to identify and document technical requirements for development
• Identify and evaluate system and client needs to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of both existing investments and advanced technology
• Provide expertise to support security compliance and documentation required to obtain Authority to Operate (ATO)
• AWS Solutions Architect and/or Developer Certification required; additional AWS Certifications highly desirable
• Certified Scrum Master or SAFe certification highly desirable
• Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required
AWS Cloud Adoption Framework
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.