CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Network Administrator in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-0267
Employment Type: Full Time
Calling all those looking to expand their horizon in the world of enterprise networking. Do you enjoy fixing problems for others? Are you looking to expand your skills in an enterprise environment? Working on our Network Operations Team might be the right career move for you.
We support the day to day operations for an enterprise network that encompasses multiple Data Center sites with offices across the United States. The technology we support includes a large Cisco based solution along with other technology vendors covering LAN, WAN (including SD-WAN), telecommunications and remote access.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Critically monitors network performance. Independently troubleshoots and resolves highly complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
• Installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs (including SD-WAN); evaluates and recommends networking product and software.
• Manages network performance, diagnoses performance problems and undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets defined requirements.
• Critically evaluates existing network systems and planning long-term strategies to ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements.
• Actively monitor ticketing systems and email for new support inquiries and requests. Respond to issues in a timely manner, communicate necessary information to relevant support teams & impacted staff, and document resolution.
• Provide on-call support on a rotational basis and as required when critical issues arise.
• Physical installation and configuration of networking equipment, including routers, switches, and other networking devices.
• Support office openings, closings and reconfiguration in various locations across the country.
• Create and maintain documentation on network configuration and circuit identification and maintain policies and procedures for new network deployments and network turndowns.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience with enterprise level LAN, WAN design, implementation and support
• Experience with network capacity planning ,network security, and general network management best practices
• Proven ability to configure and maintain routers, switches, and access points
• Strong knowledge of networking management and analysis tools
• Strong technical knowledge of current and legacy network hardware, software, protocols and internet standards
• Understanding and ability to create technical documentation, schematics and diagrams
• This role requires other duties as assigned including working "on call" shifts, which include nights & weekends.
• Associates degree plus 2-4 years of experience in related field or as a network administrator/engineer or equivalent experience in lieu of education
• Industry standard certifications such as: CCNA or CCNP
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.