CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. PMO Quality Leader in Fairfax, Virginia
PMO Quality Leader
Find similar career opportunities
PMO Quality Leader
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-0037
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI is an exciting global company of with a culture of intrapreneurship, ownership, and teamwork. CGI Federal is seeking a PMO Quality Lead, responsible for full life-cycle engagement risk management activities including opportunity risk assessments, health check reviews, delivery assurance support, training and coaching Project Managers (PM) and Service Delivery Managers (SDM) on CGI frameworks, capturing lessons learned, PM/SDM Council activities and other risk mitigation activities for CGI Federal.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support Engagement Risk Management process including conducting independent risk assessments on engagements
• Actively engage in the Health Check (HC) Review process including HC report review, risk evaluation, and red/yellow support
• Actively engage in the Delivery Assurance process including implementation and execution of the process; training and mentoring Business Units
• Conduct PM/SDM Experience Rating workshops to support self-assessment of experience ratings
• Identify and monitor complexity gaps between PM/SDM and engagement identifying risks and mitigation
• Provide coaching or training to PMs and SDMs
• Promote and support Knowledge Sharing Activities between Business Units identifying and applying lessons learned
• Provide Estimation guidance including Second Estimates, Est Validation, and Independent Solution Assessment
• Conduct CGI Quality Audits at least every other month
• Support the Non-Established Geography process
• Support Global Ops reporting
• Promote and support Global Engagement Delivery principles and tools
• Support EAS/PMO/Quality group in other duties as required
• Successful candidate will report to the CGI Federal Engagement Assessment Services Lead
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 10 years’ delivery or operational management experience with complex project/outsourcing management experience strongly preferred
• Action-oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks and establish priorities
• Good analytical skills, able to quickly identify key issues and to provide value-added support and recommendations to mitigate associated risks going forward
• Able to review documents quickly and produce a succinct executive-level written report
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good listener
• Ability to balance business needs while managing CGI risk
• Diplomatic, patient and supportive with the ability to form partnership based on respect and mutual cooperation
• Able to provide coaching and training to project managers and service delivery managers
• Comfortable working with at all levels of the BU, especially the BU Leader, sector leads, OPL’s and project and service delivery managers
• Can lead workshops of peers to assist in evolving Engagement Assessment Services and contributing to CGI’s goals
• Reliable and able to maintain confidentiality
• A team player
• Practical, creative, problem-solver
• Bachelor's degree preferred; however, equivalent related work experience in Project Management accepted
Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.