CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Product Technology Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Product Technology Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Product Technology Analyst
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0821-1586
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is a global company of with a culture of intrapreneurship, ownership, and collaboration. We have a phenomenal opportunity in our Product Management team. The team is responsible for the vision, planning, management and direction of the credit products provided to the industry through CGI. This role supports the team in managing the technology facets and the evaluation of groundbreaking technology opportunities to ensure that CGI’s credit products are the Market leaders in the industry. As an analyst this role supports the team's Technology Architect in their role of collaboration with internal program and technology management teams, where they are consulting and providing guidance and direction in the utilization and integration of technology in the team’s credit products.
For this role, CGI is seeking an experienced technology analyst who enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who is looking for a great opportunity to use technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Drive information strategy and analysis engagements in support of the Product Management Team
• Translate business needs and vision into roadmaps, project deliverables and organizational strategies
• Collaborating with the team build the product vision and long-term product strategy required to grow and maintain leadership position based on changing client needs and market trends in the credit industry
• Lead and strategize innovation and fast prototyping methodologies – along with delivery of strategic design patterns for future (ML, Event-driven, Journey Orchestration)
• Gain expertise in cloud native architecture and promote cloud native development to clients
• Provide technical leadership to project teams, perform design to deployment related activities, perform, prevent and resolve technical issues
• Verify team deliverables
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4+ Years of supporting teams in the development and implementation of enterprise products/platform and solution architecture projects
• 4+ Years of hands-on Software Development experience
• Strong technical knowledge and experience of writing API specifications and Swagger documentation
• Working closely with UX and translating wireframes (and other artefacts) into user stories
• Working knowledge of JIRA / Confluence and understanding of modern development environments including Microservices, Cloud native, API
• Experienced in requirement elicitation, writing epics and user stories with acceptance criteria using BDD/TDD
• A strong understanding of DevOps
• Validated working experience in Java Web Application development.
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Proficient and hands on with Application Servers (WebSphere)
• Working experience in using Swagger for Development, Interaction and Documentation of RESTful API’s expressed in JSON
Experience with the following:
• Translating functional requirements into functional and technical design specifications
• Performing impact analysis to successfully build and execute effective technical designs
• Test-driven development
• Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Tools used in Microservice based systems like Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, etc.
• Data persistence especially Oracle, Postgres and Kafka
• Containerization and CaaS platforms
• Spring framework
• Web services (Soap, REST)
• Developing web applications using at least one popular web framework, preferably Angular
• Designing and developing custom software solutions
• Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
• Designing, developing and supporting high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
• Excellent communication
• Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting systems solution
• Highly organized, detail oriented, very responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $65,000-$95,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.