CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Risk Assessment Business Partner in Fairfax, Virginia
Risk Assessment Business Partner
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has a terrific opportunity to join our team in Fairfax, VA as a Risk Assessment Business Partner. This Manager/Director will be responsible for full life-cycle engagement risk management activities including opportunity risk assessments, health check reviews, engagement reviews, delivery assurance support and other risk mitigation activities for Federal Strategic Business Unit.
We are seeking Manager or Director level candidates with a strong delivery, operational management or sales background with an excellent understanding of the CGI culture, business model, and management foundation with associated frameworks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support Engagement Risk Management process including conducting independent risk assessments on engagements
• Actively engage in the monthly Health Check Review process including HC report review, risk evaluation, and red/yellow support
• Actively engage in the Delivery Assurance process including implementation and execution of the process; training and mentoring Business Units
• Lead in In-Depth engagement risk reviews
• Identify and monitor complexity gaps between PM/Service Delivery Management and engagement identifying risks and mitigation
• Provide coaching or training to PMs and Service Delivery Managers
• Promote and support Knowledge Sharing Activities between Business Units identifying and applying lessons learned
• Provide Estimation guidance including Second Estimates, Est Validation, Independent Solution Assessment
• Support the Non-Established Geography process
• Support Global Ops reporting
• Promote and support Global Engagement Delivery principles and tools
• Support Risk Management/PMO/Quality group in other duties as required
• Successful candidate will report to the SBU Risk Management Lead
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 10 years’ delivery or operational management experience with complex project/outsourcing management experience strongly preferred
• Action-oriented, able to juggle multiple tasks and establish priorities
• Good analytical skills, able to quickly identify key issues and to provide value-added support and recommendations to mitigate associated risks going forward
• Able to review documents quickly and produce a succinct executive-level written report
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good listener
• Ability to balance business needs while managing CGI risk
• Diplomatic, patient and supportive with the ability to form partnership based on respect and mutual cooperation
• Able to provide coaching and training to project managers and service delivery managers
• Comfortable working with at all levels of the BU, especially the BU Leader, sector leads, OPL’s and project and service delivery managers
• Can lead workshops of peers to assist in evolving Risk Management services and contributing to CGI’s goals
• Reliable and able to maintain confidentiality
• A team player
• Practical, creative, problem-solver
- Risk Management / Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.