Senior Back End Developer
Senior Back End Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J1023-0661
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Member, you could be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of over 90,000 members strong. Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge?
Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Judicial Sector as a Senior Back-End Developer? CGI is seeking a Senior Back-End Developer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices define better development and Engineering approaches. This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as learn new technologies.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Judicial Sector, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Engage with architects/product team to comprehend functional challenges, prototype new ideas, and new technologies, and help to create innovative solutions.
• Design and develop solutions following established frameworks, application development standards and quality processes in projects
• Assess the impacts on technical design because of the changes in functional requirements.
• Gain knowledge and control of client integration endpoints (live API's, Batch, Queue based processing)
• Will work within a fast-paced Agile DevOps team contributing and collaborating with the scrum team daily.
• Participate in all phases of Agile methodology (planning, grooming, coding sprint items)
• Mentor junior developers, which may include performing code reviews. Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices that improve stability
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 7+ years of Back-end Development Experience
• 3+ years of experience working with AWS include AWS Lambda
• Experience with Data application development and version control systems such as Git.
• Proficient in Python Scripting
• Experience creating automated test cases using Python
• Agile development experience
• Proficient in SQL scripting
• Experience in authentication/authorization management for applications
• Experience working with the Atlassian toolset
• Experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases; Redshift
• API design; API Gateway Experience
• ElasticSearch/OpenSearch Experience
• Experience with Linux
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $94,500 - $181,800.
Back End Development
Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.