CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Cloud Solutions Sales Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Cloud Solutions Sales Engineer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Are you interested in solving the hard technical and organizational challenges that face our Federal, State, Local, and commercial customers?
Are you adept at navigating, selling, architecting, and solutioning in the context of Government regulations while achieving sound and innovative outcomes?
Are you comfortable working “outside your lane” in a matrix organization to ensure successful execution while also developing executive-level thought leadership delivery for internal and external customers?
If you answered “yes” to the above, this may be the role for you.
The Cloud Solutions Sales Engineer, reporting to the Director of Business Engineering will be the primary technical lead on cloud sales engagements, working with account teams to develop new and existing business, respond to Request for Proposals, and collaborate with the Engineering team to refine and enhance cloud-based solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Cloud Sales Engineer will be responsible for increasing CGI Federal's cloud professional and consulting services and presence across the Federal and U.S. market. He/she will be engaged in the front-end capture of vehicles focused on Information Technology, cloud, converged infrastructure, hybrid IT, and related disciplines and will be the technical lead for capture of task orders under resulting new contract vehicles.
Candidate will lead and grow the pre-sales and business engineering functions for the CGI Federal and U.S. Cloud market and be accountable for shaping cloud opportunities and delivering winning proposals. Candidate will align sales in the development of opportunities and effectively engage solution engineers, architects, finance and others to complete proposal responses. Additionally, this individual will serve as the trusted advisor and cloud expert for the organization and drive future growth capabilities from existing engagements. This candidate will function as a cloud subject matter expert and consultant for customers on people, policy, processes, and technology issues surrounding cloud-based engagements, while helping scope and design multi-vendor solutions for large opportunities, and supporting customers in developing enterprise cloud strategies. The Cloud Sales Engineer will provide internal and cross-business unit support to strategic contracts, proposal response, task order design and delivery, and quality control. He/she will play a key role in cloud technical volume RFP and RFI response efforts. Additionally, he/she will play a role in the development of additional cloud consulting and professional services to support emerging markets. Another key responsibility for the Cloud Solutions Sales Engineer is the internal and external advocacy, solutions architecture, and product roadmap requirement capture for CGI’s cloud and hybrid-IT intellectual property. Additionally, support for CGI’s related solutions and services in cyber security will also be required.
Engage in leading the activities of task order proposal teams. He/she will work through the entire opportunity life cycle, including prospecting for new customers, identifying opportunities for growth, leading in teaming decisions, and developing key customer win themes for pre-RFP and post-RFP activities.
Also be responsible for gaining an understanding of the full scope of solutions and services provided by CGI and representing these services to the customer. He/she will leverage and coordinate the business development activities of CGI Federal's existing subject matter experts, consultants, and others.
Primary Responsibilities (direct and team)
• Provide client facing technical support for sales pursuits
• Prepare and deliver client and industry presentations
• Lead the proposal solutioning, costing and response process
• Identify and manage multi-disciplinary teams as required for proposal development
• Prioritize workload to ensure quality on time proposals
• Provide quality and compliance reviews of proposal
• Manage and grow team as required to support business growth
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key performance metrics
• Contribute to the development of standard and repeatable content and processes
• Inform the service evolution team of client needs and service improvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Strong Information Technology and Cloud architecture, implementation and delivery understanding and experience
10 years of industry experience
• Lead cloud engagements and business development efforts
• Provide solutions, leadership, and ownership to continuously improve efficiencies and reduce risk exposures throughout lifecycle management
• Experience engaging with clients at all levels to understand needs and present appropriate solutions.
• Record of accountability for developing winning proposals in a team and/or matrix environment.
• Strong business acumen and experience shaping win themes and costing models.
• Experience conducting requirements analysis and architecting complex technical solutions.
• Strong knowledge of various cloud technologies including but not limited to: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V, Azure Pack/Stack, VMware, Intrusion Prevention/Detection, Vulnerability Management and Patch Management.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills and experience communicating effectively with clients, vendors and colleagues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear and concise business and technical documentation.
• Strong teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation
• Self-motivated; ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong time-management skills; ability to prioritize workload.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
• Ability to speak and write clearly in fluent English.
• Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
• Experience managing relationships with strategic partners such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure and understand how they pursue business.
• Achieved or pursuing major cloud certifications
• Familiarity with Federal capture processes such as Shipley
• Understanding of Enterprise Architecture
Due to the nature of the government contract, US Citizenship and the ability to secure and hold a clearance is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.