CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Proposal Manager in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Proposal Manager
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Proposal Manager
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0421-0720
Employment Type: Full Time
Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing proposal group here at CGI. Our team of 30 proposal professionals works on strategic corporate opportunities to support critical IT and mission support programs for a wide variety of U.S. Government agencies. You will work with an impressive group of technical experts, marketing professionals, and dynamic leaders to craft compelling and substantive proposal responses for our customers.
Within CGI’s Federal Proposal Group (FPG), teamwork is paramount. We have a team-oriented culture, environment and infrastructure that expects and values high performance and achievement, but is fully supportive of a desirable work/life balance. Proposal schedules can be demanding, but our group supports one another enabling proposal managers to have an appropriate level of down time between jobs. Managers have the autonomy to manage their schedule and their individual opportunities as appropriate. Working from home when possible and/or adjusting schedules as necessary based on the workload is encouraged. You operate in a cooperative and collaborative environment where you will learn from the best and be a mentor for others. An ideal environment for the right, high-performing Senior Proposal Manager.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This individual will operate in a leadership role, responsible for engineering compliant, compelling, competitive, high-quality winning proposals. As a Senior Proposal Manager, this person will partner with Account teams to form a high performing proposal team in the pursuit of strategic, federal opportunities. The position also includes leading/coaching teams in preparation for oral presentations associated with CGI proposal pursuits.
The individual is required to have both broad and specific knowledge across business, financial, contractual, personnel, project, proposal management, oral presentation coaching, and document development domains to successfully engineer high quality proposals in the DoD marketplace.
The Senior Proposal Manager has direct accountability for four primary aspects of CGI Federal Proposal Group (FPG) operations:
(1) leading proposal engineering of complex, large opportunities
(2) leading/coaching teams in development and delivery of both in person and web-based oral presentations
(3) performance management of FPG matrixed team members
(4) significant contribution to the development and continuous improvement of proposal engineering processes, tools, and templates.
Proposal management and engineering of all proposal lifecycle activities to include:
• Interpretation of solicitation requirements or source selection regulations and approach on individual opportunities
• Matrixed team management and facilitation
• Theme development
• RFP decomposition
• Schedule development
• Storyboard/template development
• Formal kickoff meetings
• Author mentoring, training, and working sessions to include content refinement ensuring compliance and alignment with proposal theme and messaging
• Formal and informal proposal reviews
• Post-submission support [e.g., clarifications/items for notification (IFNs) and final proposal revisions (FPRs)]
• Conducting lessons learned to include Government debrief analysis
• Serve as volume lead
• Able to develop and edit content (acting as contributor and editor)
• Oral proposal development, script development, and coaching
• Operational staff management, including scoping and monitoring proposal efforts, setting priorities, and aligning resources
• Contribution to development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the FPG processes, supporting tools, templates, and artifacts, and knowledge management platform
• Planning resource allocation with the Director, Proposal Management Group for assigned opportunities
• Gathering metrics and monitoring status of proposal activities and expenditures
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus at least 6 years of directly related proposal management experience (relevant to the duties described above) in the Federal Government marketplace. Additional experience with the following is required:
• Strong experience and familiarity with leading teams to develop and deliver oral presentations associated with procurements. This includes acting as an orals “coach” as the team rehearses delivery of the presentation, to ensure participants are following best practices, overcoming their speaking limitations/issues, and effectively communicating the content of the oral presentation. This aspect of the candidate’s experience does not have to be as deep as the general proposal experience, but a significant level of comfort in this oral presentation support role is required.
• Experience with industry - best practices in Federal proposal management (such as Shipley or similar process)
• Proposal writing to include mentoring/training proposal contributors and Volume Lead experience
• Editorial practice and standards
• Broad and specific range of Federal, State, and local government procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR)
• Significant experience working with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Strong experience working with teams and oral presentations using virtual environments such as Microsoft Teams is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.