CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Senior Purchasing/Procurement Analyst in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Purchasing/Procurement Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Senior Purchasing/Procurement Analyst
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0421-0258
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI FEDERAL PROCUREMENT ORGANIZATION IS SEEKING A MOTIVATED, SR. PROCUREMENT PROFESSIONAL WHO WANTS TO DEVELOP THEIR PROCUREMENT EXPERTISE IN THE US FEDERAL MARKET AND GROW THEIR CAREER IN THE GLOBAL PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN ARENA
THIS POSITION WORKS INDEPENDENTLY WITH MINIMAL SUPERVISION, AND PROVIDES PROCUREMENT SUPPORT TO THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES THROUGH THE FINANCIAL/ SHARED SERVICES ORGANIZATION.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Negotiate terms and conditions and adequately flow down the necessary contractual requirements to suppliers.
• Review procurement requests for goods and services and ensure compliance with company procurement procedures as well as US federal acquisition regulations.
• Perform complex purchase transactions with dollar liability; generate purchase orders accordingly.
• Lead source selection efforts to obtain adequate competition, price reasonableness and cost savings.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of complex factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to obtain necessary information to complete all actions.
• Conduct vendor due diligence and ensure compliance with contractual requirements.
• Perform track and manage all outstanding action items to completion.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Acts as backup to other procurement team members
• Performs other duties directed by the Procurement Manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus five years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education. In addition:
• A solid understanding of all steps from procurement to payment (requisition, approval, purchase order, receipt, and billing); understand the sourcing related steps (requirements definition, analysis category, strategy planning, vendor selection, strategy execution, contract allocation).
• Good working knowledge of CPSR, FAR, DFARS, GSA and other Federal Acquisition Regulations.
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and practices
• Organized, detail and customer-oriented, and dependable.
• Effective analytical, oral and written communication skills for customer/vendor relations and interfaces.
• Experience with Deltek Cost Point (a plus), Excel, Adobe Acrobat and other Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to apply concepts of basic and advanced mathematics in order to calculate discounts, interests, commissions, percentages etc.
• Ability to read and interpret moderate terms and conditions of sales and purchases.
• Ability to work in dynamic environment and handle multitasking efficiently.
• Experience working with high level (i.e. executive) internal and external customers preferred.
• Some Working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Codes (UCC), contracts law and commercial contracting best practices
• Some experience with international vendor relations and international contracting activities is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.