Senior Solutions Writer (Proposals)
Senior Solutions Writer (Proposals)
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0823-1508
Employment Type: Full Time
Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing proposal group here at CGI. Our team of 30+ proposal professionals work on strategic corporate opportunities to support critical IT and mission support programs for a wide variety of U.S. Government agencies. You will work with an impressive group of technical experts, marketing professionals, and dynamic leaders to craft compelling and substantive proposal responses for our customers.
Within CGI’s Federal Proposal Group (FPG), teamwork is paramount. We have a team-oriented culture, environment, and infrastructure that expects and values high performance and achievement but is fully supportive of a desirable work/life balance. Proposal schedules can be demanding, but our group supports one another, enabling proposal writers to have an appropriate level of down time between jobs. Writers have the autonomy to manage their schedule to meet their needs as well as the needs of our internal clients. A hybrid schedule involving working from a home office as well as regular trips to the office to interact with your peers and teams is encouraged. You will operate in a cooperative and collaborative environment where you will learn from the best and be a mentor for others. You will work with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry as you work together to develop and communicate compelling proposal solutions to our customers. This is the ideal environment for the right, high-performing Senior Solution Writer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Senior Solution Writer’s primary purpose is to lead the effective, professional communication of CGI technical and management solutions for proposals in response to Government solicitations. This involves working with and/or interviewing technical solution architects and SMEs to help translate complex technical solutions into easy-to-understand, persuasive, and evaluator-friendly proposal material. The Senior Solution Writer helps CGI SMEs and Account Team Members interpret customer requirements and engineer business and technology solutions matching the customer needs in a creative way that makes CGI’s solutions compelling. To do this effectively the Senior Solution Writer must have a strong combination of communication, technical, and analytic skills to convey effective proposal solutions through strong written prose, graphics, and oral presentation scripts/content. This individual will also develop expert knowledge of CGI’s corporate capabilities, service offerings, and Intellectual Property for application to CGI’s proposal efforts.
Specific responsibilities include
• Partners with solution architects, technical SMEs, and account teams to effectively translate solution material into persuasive, understandable, and compliant proposal material
• Provides writing support and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs, TOs, and RFIs; assumes Book Boss or Volume Lead responsibilities as assigned
• Assists with basis of estimate analysis/narrative and work breakdown structure development
• Develops storyboards, outlines, and other documentation associated with the proposal development process
• Participates in color team reviews and recovery, solution meetings, and other collaborative events to further the proposal development process
• Identifies, prioritizes, and addresses concerns related to solutions, including risk and financial aspects (business cases)
• Conceptualizes graphics that drive or support written material
Develops expert knowledge of CGI’s capabilities and qualifications to apply to proposal efforts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in government or commercial IT consulting
• Extensive experience across the business development lifecycle with focus on written proposals, white papers, BOEs, and other supporting technical documentation
• Excellent written communication skills and experience writing compelling technical solutions
• BA/BS is required; Advanced degree preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, ITIL, CISSP, Six Sigma Black Belt, and other relevant certifications are desirable
• Understanding of Cloud, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Digital Transformation
• Thorough understanding of key methodologies and industry standards such as: Agile, SAFe, CI/CD, ITIL (ITSM), PMBoK, DevSecOps, ISO-9001 (Quality), CMMI, Risk Management Framework
• Specific experience developing Performance Work Statements (PWSs) and Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASPs) in response to customer objectives is strongly desired
• Thorough understanding of Government procurement policies and practices
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $119,500-$258,900.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.