CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Quality Management Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Software Quality Management Lead
Find similar career opportunities
Software Quality Management Lead
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0619-1828
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Trade360 global transaction service delivers all the advanced technology and services banks need to stay ahead of the curve. We are looking for a dynamic Quality Software Lead to join our Trade Solution Engineering (SE) Team. This role will be responsible for the quality process creation, implementation, management, testing and automation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Establish a Quality Engineering program, based on the principles of Agile, DevOps, “Shift left”, automation and TDD/BDD
• Develop, pilot and scale quality management strategy
• Own, build, deploy and evolve quality standards and quality metrics to drive continuous improvement in delivery and support
• Identify quality process gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and drive efforts to close these gaps via documentation, process, training and tools
• Drive quality through both software and process improvements by partnering with our development teams to drive engineering excellence
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all Product Quality Programs for cross-functional teams across global teams
• Work with Product Managers, SMEs, Design and Testing Team to share feedback coming out of reviews with clear expectations
• Partner with SE Quality Lead to ensure practices in Trade align with overall SE Quality initiatives and practices
• Partner with Product Managers, Design Leads and Testing leadership to ensure a healthy test and release culture that delivers continuous product quality improvement
• Design test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses, data, and tools to increase the speed of release cycles and allow for constant high quality results
• Help Testing Leads to identify, develop, and formalize testing strategy and best practices across key products
• Develop Automation strategy and build reusable and sellable automation test suites
• Articulating the Trade Quality Process
• Pre-Sales Support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years IT industry experience
• 7+ years of quality management experience and general product quality initiatives
• Hands-on with experience in defining processes and solutions for releasing high quality software in a continuous delivery environment
• Experience in various automation tools and frameworks, and well versed with software development and release cycles
• Experience working with Offshore teams and managing teams located remotely
• Experience with Agile(Scrum/Kanban) or DevOps and rapid release cycles (Preferred)
• Experience with following tools (HP ALM, JIRA)
• Deep knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
• Experience with Cloud computing, SAAS (Preferred)
- Test Director
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.