CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Solutions Architect - Cloud in Fairfax, Virginia
Solutions Architect - Cloud
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong. This position is NOT at a customer location. The CGI federal office is in Fair Lakes, Fairfax VA, where you will join a cutting edge technology team building modern and flexible applications for the federal government. Limited telework opportunities are available.
The Solution Architect will apply proven expertise to a major effort evolving CGI-owned software Intellectual Property to leverage modern technologies and techniques. All of CGI solutions are rooted in cloud-based architecture, multi-tenancy, and SaaS concepts. Through a program of iterative releases using Agile/SAFe and DevOps best practices, you’ll remove technical blocks, evolve our users’ experience, and improve information handling as our products are evolve and mature.
This Solution Architect will be working on the Unify360 Product Team. Unify360 is an enterprise asset provisioning, management, and optimization platform supporting multiple cloud service providers. The platform integrates numerous third party tools to manage the security, financials, and upkeep of the machines with rich analytics and DevOps integration. We are looking for an experienced solution architect who enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who is looking for a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our product.
Today, the team is actively defining roadmaps and solution designs, scoping initiatives and epics, evaluating new technologies, developing frameworks, and guiding/mentoring scrum teams in support of program priorities, with the intent to maximize our use of open source technology. We are building new customer solutions with tools such as Jboss, Kafka, Angular, Node, Puppet, Docker, Kubernettes, and similar open source products for SaaS and customer deployments to embrace a cloud agnostic set of solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace modern open source technologies in the cloud while building large and complex software product(s). You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into the architecture and code, mentoring junior developers to help management build an award winning team.
• Identify and evaluate current systems to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology.
• Develop solution architectures for new enhancements, systems, and technologies.
• Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions.
• Scope technical epics for an assigned initiative.
• Evaluate existing framework and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for implementing a solution architecture or enhancement design.
• Prepare the assigned agile team to begin work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to PI Planning.
• Provide ongoing support to agile teams throughout a PI to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Define architecture and development best practices, supporting the approval and implementation within the Product Development team.
• Continuously identify and escalate any risks to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain a pulse on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Participate in quality validation exercises, including subsystem assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on product quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to
o learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
o provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
o promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand technical requirements, provide support on current software implementations, and make recommendations for a product path forward.
• Support estimation for new product features, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Mangers, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Principle Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions
• Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, VM Ware, Google) and their service offerings
• Working experience or conceptual knowledge of NOSQL data bases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB
• Ability to work in an agile environment
• Experience with full stack development
• Understanding of DevOps process and tooling
• Direct experience with Scrum
• Experience working with a remote team
- Solutions Architecture
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.