CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Business Analyst/Function Lead in Fairfax, Virginia
Sr. Business Analyst/Function Lead
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
Category:Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City:Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
This candidate will serve as the functional lead of a team customizing an application for a Federal client in the Washington D.C. area. This position is full time, with a 40 hour work week. The selected candidate will work primarily out of CGI Federal’s headquarters in Fairfax, but will be required to travel to Washington D.C. for ad hoc and recurring meetings with the client. The selected candidate may also be required to travel across the country to four regional client offices for a total of 3-4 weeks for SAT and UAT following two production releases. CGI offers competitive compensation and full benefits for this position.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee all functional aspects of software/application development, including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation.
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of government business systems and requirements.
• Develop requirements through use of interviews, facilitated sessions, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, understanding of business rules, etc.
• Work with project managers, developers, and end users to interpret business requirements into detailed functional specifications to ensure application designs and product deliverables meet customer requirements.
• Produce analysis deliverables including “as-is' and “to-be' workflow, use cases, requirements and business rules.
• Write and/or edit technical documents including briefings and presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, user guides and training materials, reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements.
• Design test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
• Plan, oversee, and ensure the timely completion of deliverables.
• Provides business, strategic, or analytical expertise in support of project.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience delivering custom-developed applications leveraging the Agile software development methodology
• Experience working with SaaS offerings
• Experience facilitating JAD sessions and writing design requirements
• Ability to lead a functional team of business analysts
• Strong organizational skills and ability to plan, execute, and follow-up on tasks and required meetings to produce deliverables
• Excellent analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Agile / Collaborative Method
Software as a Service
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.