CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. System Architect in Fairfax, Virginia
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0621-1325
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a System Architect to establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems. You will design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces for a system that currently supports approximately 110 million transactions per year with projections of doubling in the next 12 months, and continuing to grow.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for architecting and maintaining the current Service Oriented data sharing environment. Service Oriented Architecture is currently used to connect application components and ensure smooth functioning within the suite of applications. Currently SOA architecture relies heavily on Oracle ESB SOA CAESB is a multi-tenant application where numerous Web services are deployed in an integrated environments and resources are shared. Many web services are connected to upstream customers and to the downstream Datashare partners. This adds to the complexity and the risk associated with use of the SOA system.
• Ensure data sharing environment and data is accurately and appropriately shared, in a timely manner, with interagency partners to allow a collective mission to maintain border security.
• Increase organizational agility and scale by reducing development time for new initiatives using ESB. Developed and deploy services in a loosely coupled framework allowing them to communicate in a consistent and manageable way.
• Support of design and implementation of finite data sharing patterns.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Our US Government customer requires US Citizenship and an Active Secret or Top Secret US Government clearance.
Candidates will have:
• Ability to architect, engineer, develop, and implement secure Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and micro services, using web services standards such as Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), and other service-based technologies; Enhance reference implementations, best practices, and use cases using industry standards such as NIST standards, W3C, and OASIS web service specifications
• Knowledge to provide operational support of ESB infrastructure, including application server(s), Oracle Fusion Middleware environment, Oracle Service Bus, XML security gateway, performance optimization, Layer 7 or API gateways, PKI implementation, deployment support, patching, and troubleshooting;
• Experience in enhancing, upgrading, and maintaining ESB middleware infrastructure environment (i.e., Oracle Fusion Middleware, WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite tools);
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.