CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Test Automation Engineer/Automation Tester in Fairfax, Virginia
Test Automation Engineer/Automation Tester
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Test Automation Engineer/Automation Tester
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Fairfax, Virginia, US United States
Position ID: J0521-2469
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is part of a team to deliver Content Services solutions using DevSecOps teams at US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We have built, maintained and enhanced these solutions over the years and our experienced team is repeatedly called upon to address the latest challenges.
To support our growth, our team needs an additional Test Automation Engineer. We need someone who not only knows how to use the latest tools but is able to take business requirements and decompose them into the required tests. This involves dissecting complex scenarios, working with other teams supporting other systems and collaborating closely with our own team to ensure that we continue to deliver high-quality software.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create and update automated test scripts based upon developed agile stories.
• Collaborate with business analysts and developers to fully understand the full scope and impact of each story to the test scenario.
• Create ad-hoc tests using SoapUI and other tools to work through new scenarios.
• Work with other teams to coordinate integration testing across multiple (more than three) teams.
• Design and execute performance tests that provide meaningful results to developers on areas of enhancement.
• Attend daily stand-ups, backlog grooming and other Agile ceremonies.
• Work with teams to effectively design, build and deliver cloud-based solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• 5+ years of experience in the IT field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps, DevOps and AWS.
• Expert skills in automation tools: REST Assured, Serenity and/or Cucumber.
• Experience with SoapUI and JSON.
• Experience developing in Java.
• Extensive automation framework development experience.
• Experience in manual test script development and execution.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience working with USCIS architecture, engineering and other organizations.
• Knowledge of RESTful API-based applications.
• Experience with Selenium or TestCafe.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.