Vice President Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Vice President Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Category: Leadership and Management Roles
Main location: United States, Virginia, Fairfax
Position ID: J0823-1734
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a motivated, passionate, and hard-working Vice President of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) with a broad strategic perspective and demonstrated performance leading a team tasked with developing, implementing, and delivering business solutions across an organization. This role is based in our Fairfax, VA headquarters.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Vice President of DEI drives the strategic vision, planning, and implementation of DEI throughout CGI Federal’s business operations, including but not limited to the following:
• Provide consulting expertise and critical thinking to business partners, including the executive team to proactively develop and implement programs that promote equity and inclusive leadership behaviors that foster empowering and diverse work environments for employees.
• Develop and maintain strong senior executive client relationships, based on collaboration, trust and partnership in order to better understand and proactively respond to their needs, promote DEI best practices and services to help federal agencies meet their business objectives.
• Encourage and facilitate an environment of effective partnerships through a consultative approach that increases the impact of organizational-wide DEI, environmental and community initiatives.
• Lead the strategy and development of employee resource groups, positioning them as change agents and business advisors, aligning their priorities with global DEI and business strategies.
• Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for DEI and technology to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future business strategies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of executive leadership experience, successfully leading teams and driving business growth, this includes working with clients and cross-functionally across an organization; Currently serving as a Vice President or equivalent level.
• Experience developing and managing diversity related programs, along with a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
• Able to express a point of view on DEI topics, and be able to connect them to business priorities and strategies and guide thinking of others
• Strong communication skills with the ability to navigate difficult situations or decisions with courage and ground-breaking candor.
• Experience in managing internal and external partners to deliver programs of work with impact
• Adaptability to fast paced, evolving environments and willingness to invest time in personal development.
• Data-driven and goal-oriented, measuring areas of improvement and success both quantitatively and qualitatively.
Desired Skills and Certifications
• Knowledge and domain expertise within the Federal Government Contracting (GovCon) Industry.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $164,000-$288,000.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
- Business Strategy
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.