CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cyberspace Joint Operation Planner in Fort Meade, Maryland
Cyberspace Joint Operation Planner
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Cyberspace Joint Operation Planner
Category: Cyber Security Consulting
City: Fort Meade, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0420-0177
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Government Secure Solutions - CGI (GSSC) is looking for Cybersecurity Professionals to join our team at Fort Meade, Maryland. These positions support a Department of Defense (DoD) client and require a security clearance to be considered.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
● Monitors and reviews strategies, doctrine, policies, directives, and instructions from higher echelon headquarters and makes recommendations to ensure compliance and/or consideration in planning efforts.
● Develops plans and orders through the application of operational art and operational design, and by using the JOPP, within the milestones, deliverables, and interaction points for plans developed using Adaptive Planning and Execution (APEX) activities.
● Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, exercises, combat, and contingency plans and operations.
● Develops and integrates cyberspace capabilities into deliberate, contingency, operation, and crisis action planning.
● Provides input for the development of TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to OCO, DCO, and the securing, operating, and defending of the DODIN.
● Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize and validate requirements, and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment.
● Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation to support planning and execution to accomplish USCYBERCOM exercise training priorities.
● Conducts research of current and emerging threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (CIKR).
● Participates in Joint Planning Groups (JPGs), and Operational Planning Groups/Teams (OPG/OPTs).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
● Active DoD security clearance; TS/SCI with/Poly preferred
● Minimum two years of experience as a Joint Operation Planner and a complete working knowledge of the JOPP, Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES), and APEX planning formats and guidance.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
● Minimum specialized education in military joint operation planning through the Joint Professional Military Education Phase I (JPME I) from a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) accredited joint education program listed in Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCSI) 1800.01E. The Joint Information Officer Planning Course (JIOPC), or other similar military operational planning courses, may be substituted for JPME I.
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
● Act a full participant and provides technical assistance to JPG and, OPG/OPTs developing and integrating cyber capabilities into plans, and in support of Combatant Commander planning efforts.
● Knowledgeable of cyberspace operations planning activities coordination through the Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO), to include Evaluation Request and Response Messages, SAP procedures, and the Review and Approval Process for Cyberspace Operations (RAPCO).
● Exhibit an understanding of operational design, joint operation planning, and APEX.
● A complete understanding of all planning methodologies and applications in all phases of military operations.
● Assist with the coordination of joint operation planning in support of combat and contingency operations.
● Knowledgeable of and participates in all phases and steps of the JOPP and APEX activities.
● Expert in at least one of USCYBERCOM’s Lines of Operation to secure, operate, and defend the DODIN, plan and conduct DCO, and plan and conduct OCO when authorized.
● Able to support the development of cyberspace operations plans, contingency plans, CONOPs, and orders.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.