CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Military Analyst - Modeling and Simulations Operator in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas
Military Analyst - Modeling and Simulations Operator
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a Military Analyst - Modeling and Simulations Operator to support operations at Ft. Leavenworth, KS.
Military Analyst / M&S Operator will support models and simulations development efforts and work as a member of the team supporting testing, experimentation, exercise support and direct study support to Army M&A enabled communities. Conduct military research to describe behavioral, organizational, physical, and equipment models in operational terms associated with Irregular Warfare (IW) tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP), Multi Domain Operations, Cyber, and Non-Kinetic capabilities as well as counter insurgency (COIN) operations, counter-IED (C-IED) TTP, IED-Defeat (IED-D) TTP, Attack the Network (AtN), and stability operations to provide input to modeling and simulations (M&S) developments in order to assist M&S enabled communities WRT a robust OE representation. Military Analyst will support M&S testing both on-site and at distributed locations. Will participate in experimentation and exercise support through use of the Battle Lab Collaborative Simulation Environment (BLCSE) and support accreditation of M&S capabilities at MCTP / CTC events. The position requires working in a team environment under the direction of a Senior Military Analyst and Senior Lab Engineer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct knowledge acquisition/knowledge engineering (KA/KE) to describe behavioral, organizational, physical, and equipment models in operational terms associated with Irregular Warfare (IW) tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) to include, but not limited to; counter insurgency (COIN) operations, counter-IED (C-IED) TTP, IED-Defeat (IED-D) TTP, Attack the Network (AtN), stability operations and PMESII-PT operational variables to provide input to M&S development efforts and other OE related M&S developments.
• As a result of research above, track model implementation by simulation/federate and update knowledge engineering supporting documents as required; insure familiarity of organization and entity behavior changes between federate members (e.g., OneSAF, WARSIM, VBS*).
• Coordinate with Senior Military Analyst and Senior Lab Engineer to insure crosswalk to Product Line Requirements Specification and associated requirements documents.
• Develop and maintain behavioral models documentation that contains all KA/KE documentation.
• Correlate and map all tactical tasks (behaviors), organizations, physical, and equipment models with KA/KE documents to support M&S development efforts.
• Coordinate with M&S test cell lead to assist in data, test, and requirements definition during test events, VVA and prototype development testing efforts.
• Attends test event planning conferences
• Attends forums, meetings (local and remote), discussions, etc. related to OE M&S development solutions.
• Ensures test event corresponds to model development
• Writes test reports, user assessments, and associated briefings
• Capture OE-related associated problem trouble reports (PTR) during testing and report same to OE test coordinator or senior lab engineer, track PTRs in concurrent testing and upgrades as needed.
• Assist in and conduct test writing effort (threads, vignettes, scenarios and operational requirement exercise test documents) for all OE specific model capabilities.
• Support experimentation and testing over the BLCSE network:
• Assist in the operation of the OE/OPFOR test event cell and conduct workstation/cell planning, and controller coordination as needed.
• Provide Threat Emulation Force (TEFOR) personnel as requested, training on extant models prior to the execution of experiments / tests
• Research, prepare appropriate documentation (Decision Papers, Briefing Slides, Use Cases and Capability Assessments) on emerging technologies for development consideration in models and simulation to include but not limited to: OneSAF, WARSIM, VBS*, AWARS, COMBATXXI for the M&S Branch Chief.
• Work cooperatively with other team members to complete assigned work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A high school diploma/GED AND minimum of 8 years of military experience is required for this role.
• Ability to manage several projects concurrently
• Express a willingness to expand their skills, be adaptable to and have the ability to work within a team environment.
• Familiar with the currently fielded simulation environment, experience in extant maneuver models (OneSAF, WARSIM, VBS*, DXTRS) is required.
• Willingness to think “outside the box”, with creative and strong problem solving skills.
• Adaptable to rapid change in position requirements and demanding time tables with a high attention to detail, with an ability to work independently.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate with the software development team, simulation developers, other departments, and clients.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have an active Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.