CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Network Engineer in Ft. Meade, Maryland
Find similar career opportunities
City: Ft. Meade, Maryland, United States
Position ID: J0318-1864
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Network Engineer with familiarity working with Firewalls, to join a team supporting DMA at Ft. Meade in Maryland. Team oriented environment with a focus on training and educating all levels. Secret Clearance Required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve incidents which impact or threaten service availability
• Help in the engineering effort to improve monitoring coverage and depth
• Configure and maintain appropriate network event management systems
• Help maintain services and infrastructure through updates, upgrades, changes, documentation, and other duties as may be required from time to time
• Work with internal and external teams to coordinate maintenance, identify and resolve problems, and ensure high end-user network quality
• Experience with data center server and networking hardware and a solid understanding of infrastructure
• In-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, layers of the OSI Model, network topologies, and routing protocols
• Solid TCP/UDP connectivity debugging experience
• Experience with packet captures/tracking down protocol bugs in embedded network operating systems
• Experience with Cisco NX-OS CLI
• Experience with troubleshooting VLANs, STP, EtherChannel bonding and load-balancing algorithms, IPv4/v6 subnetting
• In-depth knowledge of fundamental internet standards encompassing DHCP, PXE, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP and others
• Experience with network performance and infrastructure monitoring systems
• Network certifications, CCNA or CCNP
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2
• Interim Secret or Secret Clearance
• Experience with firewall appliances (Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Palo Alto) and VPN tunneling
• Experience with routing protocols, such as BGP
• Experience with advanced network diagnostic tools
• Experience with wireless infrastructure and authentication methods (802.1x)
• Experience with Cisco ACS or Aruba ClearPass
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.