CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Intelligence Analyst in Greenville, South Carolina
Business Intelligence Analyst
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Intelligence Analyst
City: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Position ID: J0221-2323
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to help design, implement, and manage our growing BI Analytics area. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work in Greenville, SC. As part of a fast paced, global team, you will assist users of BI technology with focus on data warehousing and reporting.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, design and development of reporting deliverables.
• Work in a Lean & Agile squad to satisfy stakeholder priorities and challenging Business requirements.
• Translate Business requirements into functional requirements.
• Create Flow Models and Technical Design documentation for new and modified data feeds.
• Create queries to test the data tables and also report output created in PowerBI and/or MicroStrategy reporting tools.
• Deploy the solution by contributing to change management, communication and training
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelors Degree (or higher) in relevant field (Information Systems, Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.) is strongly preferred, but relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a relevant degree
• Strong skills in data analytics, visualization, statistics, SQL required
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be detail oriented
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior working experience with business intelligence software (i.e., MicroStrategy, Power BI, Qlik, etc.) is preferred
Other skills to be successful:
• Relevant professional experience in a Business Intelligence Analyst/Developer or related role (3+ years)
• SQL (3+)
• Database Reporting tools (Microstrategy, Tableau, etc) (2+)
• Python (1+)
• Lean & Agile Development (1)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Skilled in developing dashboard visualizations with MicroStrategy or similar tool (e.g. Tableau, QlikView)
• Proficiency in an Object-Oriented Programming language, preferably Python, R
• Strong communication and leadership skills; able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and lead small engagements if necessary
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $53K-$110K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.