Legal Assistant (Management Analyst I)
Main location: United States, Connecticut, Hartford
Position ID: J0823-1391
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - CGI Federal roles - What we do matters
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. Our Federal National, Security and Justice (NSJ) Organization is growing, and we are looking for dedicated, highly motivated Legal Assistant’s (Management Analyst I) to join our team supporting a large government contract.
As a Legal Assistant the team supports the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Executive Office of Immigration Review-Office of the Chief Immigration Judge (OCIJ), in a fast-paced environment located nationwide. The position is very administrative in nature and does require a lot of close interaction with the public, Court Administrators, and Judges.
As such, we’re a close-knit team that has access to global resources. At CGI, you’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of industries, technologies, and geographies, all while enjoying the personal touch that our local operating approach offers.
This position has an hourly rate of $18.50/hour plus benefits (non-negotiable)!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
• Input case information in database management system
• Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support Staff
• Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security, Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
• Answers and transfers telephone calls
• Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
• Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing notices, process motions and legal correspondence
• Crafts written documents and prepares correspondence
• Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and other written material.
• Sorting and distribution of all Filings received by court
• Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
• Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
• Motions and Applications data entry
• Processing/Distribution of daily filings
• Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
• Log in “Utilities” E33s of cases not yet received
• General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges’ mailbox
• COVs intake and Distribution
• Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
• Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents, print out judge’s orders, update CASE management system, etc.
• Covers front window lobby area (receives and greets visitors at the reception window, receives and assists public in the courtrooms)
• File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the Federal Records Center
• Prepare ROPs for attorney review
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal Secretary, program assistant or related field.
• Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3, Excel, and Quattro Pro.
• Excellent written and communications skills.
• Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
• Some bending and lifting WILL be required (lifting approx.. 30 lbs. is required)
• Possible filing may be required.
• This is an encouraged 40 hour (Monday – Friday) work week position
• Ability to optimally complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State person of convicted crime, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
• Be able to acquire and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
• Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
Hourly wage: $18.50 hr. (Non-negotiable)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors including but not limited to: skills level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
At CGI Federal we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join are owners and empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building an outstanding company. CGI Federal’s benefits include:
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• 11 Standard Holidays
• Health & Welfare Benefits as determined by your Service Contract Act
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.