CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Programmer/Analyst - Campus Recruiting in Hartford, Connecticut
Programmer/Analyst - Campus Recruiting
Find similar career opportunities
Programmer/Analyst - Campus Recruiting
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Position ID: J0918-0825
Employment Type: Graduate
CGI is seeking students interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Our Programmer Analysts typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. As a Programmer/Analyst you will be placed on one of our many projects and conduct analysis of system specifications and use the latest analysis tools to represent business/technical processes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Test and implement new technologies and applications
• Provide user support in a helpdesk environment
• Assist technical architects with infrastructure requirement development
• Perform project code review
• Install and configure software packages
• Investigate and debug software errors, troubleshoot application issues
• Develop and build code applications or modules with various programming languages
• Write technical documents
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What you’ll need:
• Bachelors degree required in a relevant field that focuses on Information Technology or Information Systems with exposure to computer-based technical content
• Solid understanding of configuration management and the systems development lifecycle
• Working knowledge of script development
• Java or C++ programming experience is preferred
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work within a team environment
• 3.0 GPA strongly preferred
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time with ability to obtain a US Government clearance
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.