CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Entry level Systems Analyst-ETL Developer in Herndon, Virginia
Entry level Systems Analyst-ETL Developer
Find similar career opportunities
Entry level Systems Analyst-ETL Developer
Category: Project Management
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J1218-0091
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Entry level Systems Analyst-ETL Developer to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of a stable, growing organization with over $8.5 billion+ in annual revenue
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
• We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and much more – and all CGI benefits begin on your first day of employment!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Must have hands on ETL development experience. Must be working as ETL developer in the current assignment. Provides technical direction in the maintenance and development of the extract, transform and load (ETL) aspects of the data warehouse. Maintains an understanding of the inputs received from the data source providers. Performs analysis, design, development, and implementation of new ETL requirements. Recommends changes to enhance the data warehouse data cleansing and conversion processes. Supports testing and validation of the new data conversion processes. Responsible for planning and monitoring schedule milestones and deliverables for assignments. Possesses strong SDLC experience and manages appropriate levels of systems documentation as required.
• Connect the data to the business processes
• Data mapping, data ingestion and ETL process development
• Collect and validate the existing data architecture; validate the new data architecture.
• Evaluate data quality
• Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
• Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
• Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 1-2 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
• Basic understanding on Informatica PowerCenter
• Basic understanding on Informatica Data Quality
• Basic understanding on Informatica PowerExchange (change data capture)
• Design, develop, test, implement, and troubleshoot ETL mappings and workflows in a large Data Warehouse environment
• Basic experience developing and maintaining Informatica mappings/workflows in a data warehouse environment
• Basic experience optimizing Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows
• Experience writing SQL, PL/SQL and Performance Tuning is a plus
• Basic database experience, data analysis and analytical skills
• Experience creating ETL design documentation and maintaining overall design document and deliverables
• Proficient working with Oracle database, Relational Database, Unstructured Data
Experience in the following areas:
• Dimensional modeling and ETL designs for loading Star Schemas
• Dimensional DB's, data warehousing, data lakes, DataMart
• Data Management Plans
• Metadata collection and documentation
• Data Analysis
• ER Studio
• Functional Requirements to design
• Mortgage / financial institution business knowledge
• Good working experience on Agile and SDLC processes
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Preferred to Have:
UNIX and Tableau experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.