CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full Stack Java Developer (Angular, Spring Boot) in Herndon, Virginia
Full Stack Java Developer (Angular, Spring Boot)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
Full Stack Java Developer (Angular, Spring Boot)
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0520-0344
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: Committed to helping its professionals and clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Full Stack Java Developer (Angular, Spring Boot) to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
This is a very exciting Full Stack Java Developer role where you will work on backend, client side scripting, and UI work on a very exciting forward looking team, have the opportunity to present creative ideas that will make an impact.
The best candidate for this role will have experience working with an unlimited level of technical ambiguity in an effort to solve defined business problems. This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a proven track record not only in delivering quality applications, but also in providing excellent customer service. Experience with various technologies is important, but of higher importance is the ability to research, select, and learn new patterns and technologies efficiently.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Senior Full stack development across the back-end, client side, and UI.
• Ability to research, learn, and implement new technologies efficiently.
• Ability to mentor others, work as a team, and delegate.
• Proactively architecting & designing innovative solutions and make recommendations.
• Will be advising team with new ideas, best practices and strategy on frontend/backend development for given applications.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Thorough understanding of Java 7 or higher
• Must have developed applications using Spring 4.x
• Must have developed application using Angular Type Script
• Experience working on AWS tech stack or at least AWS certification
• Good understanding of Spring Boot 2.x and higher
• Strong SOAP and REST service development skill
• Good understanding with JVM basics, Garbage collection, Java ergonomics (memory), Java performance tuning
• Strong working knowledge of JMS or any other messaging frameworks
• Strong knowledge of parsing/creating XML/JSON files.
• Must be capable of coding techniques like binary tree transversal
• Must be familiar with Microservices, Design patterns, data structures (stacks, queues, trees etc.), Data Modeling and Object Model design for applications
• Must have designed applications using Collections Framework and multi-threaded applications using Java Concurrency Framework (Threads, Locks, etc.)
• Strong experience in data caching and object modeling is must
• Experience in Maven/Gradle build tools and SVN/bitbucket Source code repository
• Solid understanding of core SQL principles and RDBMS with a focus on Oracle
• Experience working with Unix platforms and shell scripting
• Ability to use GIT and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins without direction
• Familiarity with Jira in a Scrum environment
• Will Create final technical, functional, and support documentation in Confluence
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams.
• AWS hands on development experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Post graduate degree desired
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.