CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. SAS Developer (Python & AWS) in Herndon, Virginia
SAS Developer (Python & AWS)
- Log in
Find similar career opportunities
SAS Developer (Python & AWS)
City: Herndon, Virginia, United States
Position ID: J0719-0774
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking Mid-Sr. level SAS Developer with AWS, Python, PL/SQL, and Unix to join our financial services team in Herndon, VA. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• In this role you will participate in SAS development and migration from SAS to AWS Cloud/Python.
• Working with data both institutional and outside of the company, building intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for business consumption.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience in SAS /SQL programming and data analysis.
• Hands-on experience in SQL and Database (Oracle/Netezza).
• Experience migrating applications from SAS to AWS. All new development going forward will be in AWS/Python.
• Experience with AWS (S3, RedShift, Lambda) and Python.
• Software development experience in a well established SDLC process to perform analysis, design, development, unit testing and documentation.
• Working experience in a UNIX environment.
• Experience working with large data sets.
• Experience working in an Agile/Kanban environment.
• Experience with DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket/GitHub to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
• 5+ years of SAS development experience.
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
• 2+ years of experience with AWS (S3, RedShift, Lambda) and Python.
• Strong analytical and programming skills required.
• Experience with formal software development..
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.