CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Administrative Support Level I - Houston in Houston, Texas
Administrative Support Level I - Houston
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Houston, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
At the direction of the Regional Director, perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the DOS/PPT Regional Management Staff and Contract Management staff. Maintain all office functions associated with meeting the needs of the front office including incoming calls, correspondence and faxes. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the onsite Government management team, the Administrative Assistant shall perform a variety of administrative and secretarial functions for the Director or Executive office. The Administrative Assistant Level I is responsible for coordinating the large volume of information coming into the office to insure formats and deadlines are being met (i.e. schedules, memoranda, briefing papers, taskers, etc.). The Administrative Assistant maintains confidential information (employee lists, management contact info, etc.) and at a minimum, shall perform the following functions:
• Answer incoming calls (external and internal to the office in a highly professional manner and
forward calls, take messages or resolve calls as warranted on an individual basis.
• Organize, type, collate and file sensitive material.
• Maintain Agency/Center and Director calendar of upcoming events, guest log, appointments, and
• Review incoming documents and take appropriate action/distribution.
• Track and monitor the status of memoranda, correspondence and taskers.
• Inform Agency/Center personnel of overdue items, upcoming deadlines, and format and
Department procedures for processing documentation.
• Assist with travel arrangements using online Travel Manager system.
• Prepare briefing materials and compile reports.
• Prepare written communications using a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS
Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and SharePoint.
• Provide support to other projects or tasks as required.
• Track and report official time and attendance records for all federal employees within the office.
• Receive deliveries and arrange for pick-up of outgoing shipments.
• Be responsible for stocking the photocopy and facsimile machines and supplies as well as
maintaining their operational status and taking the requested readings.
• Receive and sort incoming /outgoing administrative mail.
• Maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal security including adherence to the
restricted area policies, logging off computer terminals when not in use and securing work at the end of the business day.
• Admit and welcome visitors into facility and maintains visitor log-in files.
• Process employees for DS badges through the MDIS/DOS enrollment system, PIN resets and
• Liaise with building management to report and resolve maintenance issues.
• Operate office equipment, including but not limited to: document scanners, telephones, intercoms,
A-phones, label printers, and cameras.
• Assist with ordering, tracking, receiving, inventorying office supplies through various methods
(GSA,CA internal, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Types 50 Words Per Minute (WPM) with no errors.
• Ability to adapt to changes in procedures and assignments.
• Ability to establish working relationships at all organizational levels.
• Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
• Can simultaneously manage and maintain multiple MS Outlook calendars for personnel, leave,
training and/or conference rooms.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to draft memoranda and reports.
• Demonstrated capability to analyze facts, evaluate information, and draw conclusions.
• Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material, such as federal personnel rules and regulations
including the Foreign Affairs Manual Volume III (FAM-Personnel).
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE QUALFICATIONS:
• HS Diploma (2 year college degree preferred), and;
• Three (3) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: Microsoft (MS)
Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Publisher, MS Excel, and MS Outlook, including;
• Two (2) years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an office environment, including;
• One (1) year of experience supporting at an executive level, including;
• Demonstrated experience with document management, preferably for a legal department of other
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous work flow duties.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.