CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Alarm & Ops Management Sr. Domain Expert in Houston, Texas
Alarm & Ops Management Sr. Domain Expert
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Alarm & Ops Management Sr. Domain Expert
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, United States
Position ID: J0221-1301
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Alarm & Ops Management Senior Domain Expert has recognized experience in the domain for alarm and operations management support both inside and outside of the company. They are knowledgeable about and help drive the alarm and ops management trends and the industry. The Domain Experts are a trusted interface for the business assets and understands the work processes, top challenges and opportunities that will deliver value for the company. They work with the Technology Lead to develop the strategy, roadmaps, and new solutions. They provide consulting for the design and delivery of those solutions. They also provide consulting to the development and support teams for their domain.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Discipline Engineering or equivalent
• 12+ years of experience in alarm and operations management.
• 7+ years of experience in automation, operational technology and IT.
• 7+ years of experience in the Downstream Manufacturing and/or Upstream Production Business
• Product Management experience over the full lifecycle of a product
• Relevant instrumentation and process automation field experience in the industry
• Consulting experience.
• Stakeholder management and effective business relationships
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Accountability for in depth understanding of company and industry trends, products, services and best practices in their domain of expertise.
• Accountability for development of the domain strategy with the technology lead
• Accountability for development of strategy aligned solutions
• Accountability for supporting embedding solutions in the organization and integration with other/external systems
• Providing technical consultancy to the technical architecture of a solution, its specification and design
• Working closely with end-users, reference and solution architects, workflow consultants, discipline and site engineers, and the engineering projects teams.
• Framing business issues and translating those into technology driven solutions
• Provide expert knowledge of processes, technology, architecture, for OT and IT operation
• Provide expert knowledge on (Industrial) Internet of Things, Advanced Analytics
• Support deployment and development teams.
• Focal point for the technology and products to the business discipline.
• Perform Portfolio and Market evaluations to evergreen the portfolio and market selections for new technologies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Skill: Provide OT/IT alignment in areas of architecture, governance, security and software/hardware management by designing and overseeing the development of standard architectures and solutions.
• Skill: Experience in IIOT, Industrie 4.0, OT and IT.
• Skill: Demonstration of creative problem solving to identify new opportunities and improvements.
• Skill: Aligns IT with the Business in strategies and plans.
• Skill: Identifies data collection opportunities which would result in improved business operations and effectiveness.
• Skill: End-user and business requirements specification, analysis and design.
• Skill: Builds a user community across business segments, assets and functions.
• Skill: Industry communications & networking (OPC DA, OPC UA, Ethernet, Fieldbus, HART, serial communications).
• Authentic, transparent, and honest.
• Customer focused and value driven.
• Self-motivated, with an urgency to deliver quality technology and utilizing innovation to do so.
• Persistence in delivery, demonstrated results.
• Safety focused to support goal zero and inclusive.
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects at once in a complex business environment.
• Builds and maintain relationships with key site and corporate management and with affiliated independent operating companies to identify and implement best practices and technology across the enterprise. Establishes and maintains productive relationships with equipment and system vendors.
• Ability to operate in a diverse, virtual, and global environment.
• Expertise: Experience with IT integration of software in Distributed Control Systems such as Honeywell Experion, Yokogawa Centum, Emerson Delta V, Siemens PCS 7, ABB or Foxboro.
• Skill: Software Deployment / Installation / Integration in Microsoft Windows Systems.
• Skill: Application Testing to design and automate test scripts and conduct FAT/SAT.
• Skill: Experience with System and User Testing.
• 5+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Is considered a subject matter expert and recognize within their company and the industry and is sought for advice.
• Expertise: Alarm & Ops Management practitioner familiar with work processes in the alarm management life cycle.
• Skill: Process control fundamentals including design, configuration, infrastructure, and programming of DCS, PLC and SIS.
• Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators.
• Skill: Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future OT direction for new projects, new platforms and applications.
• Good communications, writing, and interpersonal skills to interact with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
• Good leadership, coaching & mentoring skills.
• Ability to deliver results in a large, complex organization.
• Ability to articulate complex technology in a simple and exciting manner.
• Skill: Establish relationships with strategic vendors in the area of OT/IT integration.
• Skill: Experience with IT integration of software in Distributed Control Systems such as Honeywell Experion, Yokogawa Centum, Emerson Delta V, Siemens PCS 7, ABB or Foxboro.
• Skill: Control systems including Honeywell TDC & Experion, Yokogawa Centum 3000 & Centum VP, Emerson DeltaV. Siemens PCS 7, ABB, and Foxboro are also useful.
• Skill: OPC and OPC UA Standard, Technologies, and associated products.
• Skill: SCADA experience (Wonderware, Rockwell, Fast Tools, etc.) and how they interface with other
• Expertise: Honeywell Dynamo, Matrikon Alarm Manager, or PAS Plant State Suite products.
Challenges of the Job:
• Aligning disparate internal and external objectives on an agreed strategy.
• Identifying and demonstrating value to key stakeholders to justify the implementation of the strategy.
• Rapid execution of new technologies in a large, global, diverse company, while embedding consistent standard solutions.
• Building domain expertise networks across a large, global, and dynamic company.
• Prioritizing activities to provide the maximum benefits with the available resources while delivering agreed targets.
• Remaining current on the industry trends while still delivering company projects.
• To identify, develop and implement new technologies by driving supplier and industry directions.
• To provide mentorship, training and guidance to colleagues and team.
• Identifying improvements to increase the effectiveness of operating facilities while ensuring they remain consistent and standard across sites.
• Interacting with end users and customers to understand the environment and associated risks and opportunities.
• Demonstrating the value of the technologies to key stakeholders.
• Dealing with the ongoing changes and dynamics of the industry
This position requires resources local to Houston, Texas.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.