CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst Energy Trading in Houston, Texas
Business Analyst Energy Trading
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Business Analyst Energy Trading
Category: Business Consulting, Strategy and Digital Transformation
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0421-2808
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in need of a Business Analyst to drive and support the business change activities required to underpin our client's IT simplification agenda. Our client is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value which will drive significant and ongoing change in all parts of the business, supporting the business’ growth agenda.
This role requires a resource in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The client's Energy Platform organization is leading our client's efforts to design, develop, deliver and maintain a global energy management platform that unlocks value across our client's Power business. The client Energy Platform aims to enable the client's efforts to harness the potential in its vast fleet of customers, energy assets, and power trading capabilities to deliver value across the energy industry value chain. The client's Energy Platform organization is a nimble, cross-functional, deeply technical and passionate group that embodies the speed and agility of a startup while embracing the scale of one of the largest companies in the world. Achieving a balance between agility and global scale provides unique opportunities, and borrows from best-in-class product development, continuous delivery, and commercialization approaches while adapting them to the clients unique global scale. The client's Energy Platform is empowered to coordinate and align the client's energy management platform objectives, strategies, and execution approaches across the company, as well as to design, deliver and maintain a mission critical component of the client's ability to deliver differentiated products, offerings and capabilities across its expanding global footprint. The ideal candidate is able to work as part of a global team with a strong track record as a Business Analyst working in the Power sector. They will have recent experience of delivering IT solutions involving electricity modeling, asset operation or trading.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
• Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
• Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
• Specify data ingestion requirements and decode data meaningfully to engineers who may not have power subject matter expertise
• Experience with hands-on UAT/systems integration testing, creating/executing test plans, and general data QA ability
• Manage agile development tracking progress through Jira / Confluence / Roadmunk toolsuite. Can create views and dashboards in Jira.
• Experience working in Agile project Delivery
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams
• Experience of in Power, including potentially Asset Onboarding, Pricing, Forecasting, Wholesale Trading and Nominations, and/or Asset Valuation
• Typical Years of Experience: 3 -5 years with some leadership experience
• Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
• Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
• Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
• Clear communicator and able to work in a multicultural/lingual environment
• Uses best practice analysis techniques but can change approach according to conflicting timelines/risks involved
• Uses initiative and owns their deliverables end-to-end
• Brings ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
• Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large structured item
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.