CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Business Analyst in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-2628
Employment Type: Full Time
The Business Analyst is responsible to support Project Managers plan, control and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. The BA will need to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and resolve conflict and delivers tough messages with grace. He/She will continually updates relevant business stakeholders of project status.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work well with technical and business stakeholders/team members.
• Gather and document data requirements for MDM project such as data scoping for processes, data scoping, and logical mapping for Source To Target Integrations and workflow requirements.
• Create and execute test cases (for manual execution) and support defect resolution process.
• Perform or assist in data profiling for data quality analysis
• Contribute to project planning efforts, considering effort and resources.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience as a business or data analyst with multiple Data projects such as Data integration/Data warehouse/Data Migration. - Required
• Experience as a business or data analyst with Master Data Management.
OR Projects experience with applications commonly used in Trading organizations such as ETRM and ERP systems
• Experience writing simple queries to perform data quality analysis to support integrations. – Required.
• Experience supporting applications post Project implementation - Required.
• Experience with Data Governance and Data Quality projects.
• Experience with Process Mapping for Simple processes.
• Experience in Gathering and document process requirements for MDM project
• Ability to be both hands on when needed and to delegate (flexibility).
• Meeting planning, facilitation and documentation
• Understand the business needs/drivers
• Active listening
• Understanding the consensus mindset/building consensus
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
Master Data Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.