CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1021-3874
Employment Type: Full Time
The Data Engineer manages one or more data engineering projects of moderate complexity. Leads or acts as key team member in defining and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. Jointly designs and implements a new big data solution which supports high amounts and velocity of data and supports future growth. Identifies latest development, testing and deployment techniques to quickly deploy new releases to e.g. deploy new data pipelines and add data sources. Takes direct reports, when applicable, through Agile Framework and its respective tools. Influences stakeholders in adopting analyses / outcomes. Acts proactively to support the business to further professionalize their MI / Analytic reporting platform, using the ESSA approach. Opinions valued by business interface. Plays a prominent role in project related meetings etc. Utilises business partnering in order to gather, analyse and model data and key performance indicators of the highest complexity. Working as Data Engineering Lead to develop and deploy innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing. Works independently under broad managerial supervision.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
• Develop and deploy production-grade services, and data infrastructure emphasizing performance, scalability, and self-service.
• Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
• Are "biased to action" and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership.
• Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any data product.
• Excited to build data platforms and tools that abstract implementation details for developers, analysts, and data scientists, enabling data transit.
• Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
• Passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on data engineering best practices.
• Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation.
• Experience in productionizing various big data technologies using open source and cloud native platforms with working experience in AWS (required).
• Hands of experience in messaging technologies i.e. Kafka, Orchestration tools i.e. Airflow, Apache Spark or Pyspark, Data visualization tools i.e. Dromio.
• Expertise in at least two of the following languages – Python, Go, NodeJS
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organisational levels
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.