CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Full Stack Data Engineer in Houston, Texas
Full Stack Data Engineer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Full Stack Data Engineer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0721-1877
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is in need of a Full Stack Data Engineer to join our Oil & Gas Practice. This role can be based in Houston, Texas or San Francisco, California.
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Engineer role responsible for building the next-generation libraries, platforms and data pipelines. You will develop data engineering assets and entities to empower self-serve of data products.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and deploy production-grade services, and data infrastructure emphasizing performance, scalability, and self-service.
• Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
• Are "biased to action" and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership
• Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any data product.
• Excited to build data platforms and tools that abstract implementation details for developers, analysts, and data scientists, enabling data transit.
• Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
• Passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on data engineering best practices.
• Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation - able to see the forest through the trees.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience in productionizing various big data technologies using open source and cloud native platforms with working experience in AWS (required).
• Hands of experience in messaging technologies i.e. Kafka, Orchestration tools i.e. Airflow, Apache Spark or Pyspark, Data visualization tools i.e. Dromio.
• Expertise in at least two of the following languages – Python, Go, NodeJS
• Experience in GraphQL (Apollo or Hasura)
• Knowledge with CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins) and deploying code into environments (knowledge with overall GIT process, either Gitlab or GitHub). Should put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers!
• Knowledge of deploying code using Helm charts into Kubernetes
• Expertise in data model design with sensitivity to usage patterns and goals - schema, scalability, immutability, idempotency, etc.
• Experience in handling Large Scale Time Series data
• Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture designed to democratize data to everyone in the organization.
• Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc.
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify and optimize user experience.
• Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
• Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
• Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.