CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Kubernetes Engineer in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-3650
Employment Type: Full Time
Distributed Platforms represents the next phase in the advancement of our digital transformation and is a significant evolution for our client. We continue to grow our Platform as a Service organization to support aggressive growth plans. CGI is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to be part of implementation of Kubernetes Service as well as other core services need to operationalize Kubernetes. This position requires a working knowledge of what it takes to stand up on-prem/off Platforms like Kubernetes and understands how elastic runtimes support distributed compute and storage needs.
This role is in Houston, Texas.
• Serve as a SME for container orchestration technology.
• Build a scalable, secure, highly available and fault-tolerant next-generation platform to enable application teams to scale their operations into the public cloud
• Develop self-service automation tools to optimize infrastructure management including provisioning, maintenance, failover and disaster recovery
• Understand business and technical requirements, translating those needs into AWS products and services
• Troubleshooting and performance tuning of cloud services in development, test and production environments
• Maintain document and diagram cloud solutions, gathering requirements to support the platform and systems
• Experience supporting mission-critical customer facing systems in production environments is required
• Create visibility by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
• Continually evolve systems by developing and advocating for changes that improve stability and reliability.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let’s face it, you are one of the smartest people you know.
• Collaborate with Engineering teams for the development and deployment
• Build terraform scripts and other deployment and configuration automation
• Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
• Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
• Must Have - Expert in designing, building and automating highly reliable and scalable enterprise cloud solutions that use AWS services such as: EC2, S3, EKS, RDS, VPC, IAM.
• Must Have - Expert in Infrastructure as Code (AWS Cloud Formation or Terraform)
• Expert in AWS CLI
• Experience (3+ Years) designing, programming and/or operating distributed systems software
• Must Have 2+ Years experience with Kubernetes, EKS, k3s and/or another container orchestration technology.
• Experience (2+ Years) contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience in python, distributed systems, and cloud services is desired.
• Experience with (Argo Workflows, Kubeflow,) and Kubernetes is desired.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills related to containers, distributed systems and Kubernetes.
• Experience with CI/CD technologies like Gitflow, Gitlab pipelines
• Experience with modern observability stacks like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Docker, K8, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL.
• Experience in Monitoring and logging tools.
• Experience in Docker, EKS, Terraform.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organisational levels.
• Must be a well-motivated team player.
• Organized and methodical, eye for detail.
• Improve documentation all around, either in application documentation, or in playbooks.
• Share our learnings with other teams, either by creating issues that provide context for anyone to understand it or by writing blog posts.
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.