CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1221-3547
Employment Type: Full Time
The Project Managers plan, control and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. As Project Manager, leads small-to-medium projects of moderate complexity. Typical project size: fewer than 10 FTE OR Participates as a member of a project team for larger and more complex projects. Quickly earns the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders. Resolves conflict and delivers tough messages with grace. Continually updates relevant business stakeholders of project status.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
• Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions.
• Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, digital platforms, ERP, web-based application, networking, workplace productivity, compliance or cybersecurity.
• Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
• Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
• Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and Workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within a standards and controls framework.
• Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action.
• Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes.
• Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits.
• Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner.
• Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes.
• Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
• Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
• Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
• Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
• Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years in IT with 5+ years of experience in establishing and delivering progressively larger and more complex projects.
• Typical Programme Complexity: Large projects with multiple workstreams and deliverables, impacting an entire function, department or product line, with business and technical change.
• Typical Programme Size: Up to 20 people, with teams in multiple countries.
• Typical Programme Budget: Up to $5M.
• Degree educated with evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning.
• Project management certification, ideally PMP® and agile certification.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven experience understanding and solving complex customer and business problems, through digital-led technology solutions.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and is a team player.
• A curiosity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking methods.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Strong stakeholder management.
• Strong attention to details
Agile / Collaborative Method
Stakeholder & Ext Rel Mgmt
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.