CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0122-1638
Employment Type: Full Time
Programme Managers may manage either a suite of interdependent projects that together contribute to longer-term business strategy or multiple project managers who each lead part of a portfolio or programme. Project Managers plan, control and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value. Leads small programmes of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Typical programme size: 10-20 FTE OR A Project Manager leading medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity and risk. Typical project size: 10-20 FTE. Strong stakeholder management required, involving coaching and partnering with business stakeholders to validate the programmes strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefit.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure firm resolution of critical issues identified during Feasibility Assessment by engaging stakeholders, vendors, and project team.
• Work in partnership with Local IT Project Manager to deliver per the Company PDF for PoCs.
• Finalize completion of SAHLD, BIA, LRA as identified by IRM.
• Work with vendor and local PM to demonstrate solution via Proof of Concept.
• If PoC is successful, using Company PDF, scope and lead project delivery of full implementation by 5/2023.
• Take the lead role to engage a vendor to assure solution delivery and readiness.
• Work in conjunction with the BA to ensure requirements for Gulf Coast sites are understood.
• To be the 'face of the Company' in owning, tracking, and resolving issues impacting a successful delivery of the solution to the Company.
• Maintain accountability of project status reporting and project financials/spend.
• Other items as needed to assure delivery of required scope, at the discretion of project manager Skills.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience working with third-party vendors.
• Experience leading a workstream delivery in conjunction with another lead PM.
• Experience infrastructure hosting projects.
• Experience working with information, data privacy, and risks management.
• Experience with stakeholder management through Company.
• Experience dealing with tracking and resolving issues to closure.
• Experience with TOE Manage delivery of Biometric PoC with intent to continue with a full delivery.
• Initiate project with a resolution of issues impacting successful delivery.
• Local IT PM will be engaged to lead the installation of hardware across the asset.
• IT Engineering PM will be accountable for IT Delivery Princeton Identity /Infront Solution.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven experience understanding and solving complex customer and business problems, through digital-led technology solutions.
• Self-starter who can drive initiatives and is a team player.
• A curiosity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking methods.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Strong stakeholder management.
• Strong attention to details
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.