CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Project Management
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1415
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As an IT Program or Project Manager at CGI, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but rewarding environment that is fast paced and changing fundamentally as we transform our client's business to meet their ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, whilst delivering a world class business case that has a strong societal license to operate.
This position requires a resource local to Houston, Texas.
Project Managers plan, execute, and control a project or set of related projects to meet identified business requirements and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, risk, quality and benefits.
We are looking for Program and Project Management professionals with proficiency across the following five key dimensions:
• Program and project delivery skills in both agile and waterfall methodologies;
• Domain knowledge and skills, such as Chemicals, Deepwater, Retail, Finance, Legal, HR, and Capital Project lines of business and functions;
• Technology skills, such as cloud, mobile, software-as-a-service, digital platforms, ERP, web-based application, networking, workplace productivity, compliance or cybersecurity;
• Professional skills, such as leadership, communication and resilience; and
• Entrepreneurial skills, such as a business-value mindset, critical thinking, storytelling, stakeholder management, and enabling value creation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into programmes, projects and workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within
standards and controls framework;
• Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that a project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
• Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
• Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
• Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
• Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
• Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
• Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
• Assess programme risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business cases of constituent projects and workstreams;
• Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
• Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
,• Plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all aspects of the project lifecycle adhering to the Project Delivery Framework (PDF) methodology and other standards at a scale of up to $5M, with up to 20 team members;
• Quickly build and leverage relationships with sponsors (JG1 and above) and key stakeholders and understand their priorities. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace, up to and including VPs;
• Build and roll out new products and services that meet the objectives set by the Decision Review Board, keeping to the time, cost, quality parameters set;
• Deliver within-programme benefits to the function or business, delivering value from an early stage;
• Motivate and lead the project team through periods of uncertainty, while recommending barriers to be removed so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure;
• Create and deliver relevant and impactful communications for diverse audiences (executives, consumers, staff across a business or function);
• Focus and motivate project teams to remain resilient after setbacks and to recover performance;
• Recommend taking calculated risks and apply judgment at a project or workstream level to make timely decisions that will maximize value;
• Recommend changes to balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality;
• Understand programme or project goals and business context at all stages of the lifecycle, and particularly when responding to challenges and change. Recommend acceptable courses of action where appropriate;
• Execute the given methodology for the programme or project to maximise delivery effectiveness;
• Execute the required governance approach defined by the Decision Review Board;
• Support the leadership of the project’s natural team, ensuring that the project team collaborates effectively with business IT, the impacted teams, wider stakeholders both internally and externally, recommending resolutions to issues such as financing, risk, resourcing, integrated planning and long-term support and management of any resulting products and services; and
• Support more junior members of staff, contribute to improvement initiatives, and assist assurance reviews.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Project Management 8+ years
Agile- 5+ years
Agile / Collaborative Method
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.