CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Section Lead - Houston in Houston, Texas
Section Lead - Houston
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Houston, Texas, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Under the direction of the Contract Processing Supervisor, Passport Agency Director or designate, lead a team involved in all phases of passport processing, customer service and PRISM functions. Includes planning, directing and coordination of the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, bookprint, quality control, customer service functions such as searches, re-writes, re-issues, re-mails and all PRISM functions. If requested by government management, assure that a sufficient inventory of passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. Responsible for resolving administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of employees in their job in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for documenting and following up with employee and corporate office for employee performance, attendance or conduct issues.
• Responsible for making prompt and appropriate recommendations to the corporate office and communicating these recommendations to subordinate managers regarding employee actions including employee hiring or other actions including warnings, counseling, and terminations.
• Responsible for familiarization with and adherence to established personnel policies.
• Responsible for interpreting policies, procedures, and goals for assigned staff in a manner consistent with established HQ and government policies and procedures.
• Respond promptly and appropriately to employee issues and help build positive team morale and cohesiveness.
• Responsible for developing and mentoring subordinate staff, including providing each employee with consistent and constant communication including clear statements of expectations, explicit and measurable goals and deadlines, detailed evaluation of each employee’s work, clear feedback and appropriate, timely and fair rewards.
• Responsible for setting work priorities and insuring a smooth transition of work between the various processing, customer service and/or PRISM sections in order to meet changing procedures and production requirements.
• Assign work and provide instruction on new and revised procedures consistent with government and company policy.
• Responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing training of staff.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating quality of work being completed by employees to ensure employees are properly trained, meeting production standards, following internal controls procedures and producing quality work.
• Responsible for reviewing production reports to monitor workflow and ensure production goals are met.
• Compile and develop management reports for attendance reporting as requested by government and company management.
• Compile and develop management reports on department goals and production as requested by the government management.
• Responsible for verifying adherence to all department and agency security regulations and internal controls.
• Responsible for monitoring suspense to ensure all case files are logged prior to filing.
• Participate in, and complete, in a satisfactory manner, special projects and assignments as requested.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Minimum of two (2) years of progressive supervisory experience in an office, retail or production environment
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize simultaneous workflow duties.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in quality control.
• Document examination experience.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate to expert skills working with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to lift up to 45 lbs
• Four (4) years of progressive supervisory exp in an office, retail or production environment
• Experience in passport document examination, or clerk/insurance industry.
• At least two (2) years of quality assurance experience.
• At least two (2) years experience as a contractor for the federal Government.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.