CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Software Engineer in Houston, Texas
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J1221-0976
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for a Software Engineer who works largely independently within defined projects/work streams and is checked on end results. Has an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support. Advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure.
This role is in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Software Engineering is responsible for the delivery of software, which may include new development, configuration and installation of third-party packages, and software integration efforts.
• It may include tasks from every part of the software development lifecycle, including software and website design, development, programming, and software deployment (both the installation and decommissioning of software).
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with database and SQL/stored procedures.
• Experience in full Software Development life-cycle including Project Planning, management, requirement analysis, documentation, design, development, testing, integration, and deployment. Experience in writing, test, and implementation of stored procedures, functions, views, materialized views, triggers, cursors, and packages at the database level using SQL and PL/SQL.
• Preferred Experience with Azure cloud technologies, such as Azure data factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure DW, Data brick, Azure Blob, and Azure Synapse analytics.
• Preferred Experience in leading projects from requirements to production and support.
• Experience in writing logic in data retrieval and writing, performance tuning.
• Knowledge of energy–power markets.
• Experience in HTML5 – Microsoft .Net.
• Experience in Linux.
• Experience in Java.
• Experience in Mobile Development (IOS).
• Experience in Mobile Development (Android).
• Experience in HTML5 & Service – SAP Application Development.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let's face it, you are one of the smartest people you know.
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change.
• Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
• You are data driven and customer obsessed.
• Good communication skills. Bonuses to include as part of your application excellent oral and written presentation skills.
Mobile Web Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.