CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. Control Systems Information Technologist in Houston, Texas
Sr. Control Systems Information Technologist
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Sr. Control Systems Information Technologist
City: Houston, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0521-1994
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Senior Control Systems Information Technologist (CS-IT) is a deep technical expert in the support, design, configuration, and change of Process Control Systems and their integration into the overall local network (called the Process Control Domain). This role is particularly focused on the design, configuration, and maintenance of network security controls that safeguard the process control layer from outsider access. The role will also support both local and global PCD project activities with operational support activities based on demand
This role needs to be based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Operate the PCD cyber security controls focusing on patching, anti-virus, backup & restore, and asset inventory controls.
• Provide IT support to the PCD through server system administration, workstation support, network support, and break/fix.
• Maintain asset inventory and logical network drawings of PCD components documenting PCD systems, network traffic, and data interfaces.
• Design and implement data communication channels and technology selections for data transfers between systems
• Develop, maintain and execute any site-specific procedures required to maintain PCD security compliance.
• Have an overview of security measures implemented and documented non-compliance to information security requirements
• Performing site visits to production units for remediation activities and to assure controls and procedures in place.
• Provide afterhours support on an exception basis.
• Execute day-to-day information security tasks related to infrastructure in PCD
• Monitor servers, networks and communication equipment using implemented tools, systems and applications (SolarWinds, Splunk, etc)
• Maintain and backup system configuration for servers and network equipment and ensure backups are stored securely
• Review security logs and provide reports for identifying potential intrusion, and escalate incidents as necessary, ensuring incidents are properly investigated, remediated, reviewed and closed
• Implement change management procedures and testing procedures for network and endpoint security and ensure endorsement from business
• Patch and update network device firmware
• Design, implement, and review firewall rules in line with customer’s cyber security best practices.
• Act as a senior project resource for both local PCD projects/discretionary work and global PCD security projects as demand requires.
• Provide subject matter expertise on PCD cyber security, network, and PCD system design to projects including architecture, risk assessment, and implementation phases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 8+ years implementing and managing IT security within an operating environment (OT).
• Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT or relevant certifications
• A strong understanding of international industrial cyber security standards and ecosystem.
• International travel may also be required to support project based activities.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Strong stakeholder management
• Must have a driver’s license and be able to travel to site frequently (6-7 times per year).
• Strong technical skills and experience in network device configuration (switch, router, firewall) and systems administration (Wintel, Linux)
• Cyber Security skills including risk assessment
• Engineering/PACO experience/certification
• Cyber Security: GICSP
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.