CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist in Huntsville, Alabama
Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Government Secure Solutions – CGI (GSSC), a wholly owned proxy company of CGI Federal, is seeking Information Technology (IT) professionals to join our dynamic team. As a Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist, your duties will include effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of information systems (hardware and software), and technical support for related infrastructure. This position participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational goals and objectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Server installation, configuration, and management
• Install and support peripherals
• Support other equipment as required in a client/server environment
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Contribute to and maintain system standards
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity & availability of all hardware, server resources, reviewing system and application logs, and completion of scheduled tasks (backups, preventive maintenance, etc.)
• Disaster recovery skills (hardware and/or software)
• Experience with using a ticketing system
• Must be able to support flexible working schedule based on customer requirements and after-hours on-call rotation.
• Capable of responding to outages and incidents
• Execute scripting duties as assigned (VBS/PowerShell preferred)
• Troubleshooting network connectivity issues
• Perform backup and recovery duties; maintain a backup system and tape library
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience with VMware (virtualization)
• 5+ years supporting Windows Server Operating System (OS) environment.
• Knowledge of Active Directory (including users & group Security permissions), TCP/IP Networking, DNS, DHCP & Group Policy Objects.
• Server OS skills: Installation, standard usage, and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008/2012
• Information Systems Architecture and Design
• Knowledge of storage concepts (SAN)
• Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET security clearance required
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree with a technical major (Computer Science, Networking, etc.) is desired (Demonstrated work experience can be applied in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree)
• System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience a plus
• Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCITP, MCSE, etc.) are preferred
• Information Assurance Technician (IAT)/Information Assurance Manager (IAM) certifications desired (CISSP, CASP, Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, etc.)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.