CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Cloud Native Developer (Java/.NET) – Irvine, CA in Irvine, California
Cloud Native Developer (Java/.NET) – Irvine, CA
Find similar career opportunities
Cloud Native Developer (Java/.NET) – Irvine, CA
City: Irvine, California, United States
Position ID: J0119-0565
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is currently seeking a Cloud Native Developer (Java/.NET) to join our team in Irvine, CA who will work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world’s largest enterprises. Not only will you work on digital transformations efforts, in some cases, following the Pivotal pairing method where you will work with the clients’ developers to teach and learn best practices. Sound exciting? Apply now!!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Supports clients in their long-term digital transformation effort
• Assists clients in converting their legacy applications to cloud-native applications
• Pairs with the clients’ developers to teach cloud-native development best practices
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience
• Experience writing test-driven software development
• Experience with development languages, such as Java, Spring Boot,and with other application frameworks, techniques and tools, such as Spring Cloud Services
• Experience in or knowledge of cloud-native development and agile development methodologies
• Experience writing Rest APIs and microservices-based applications
• Knowledge of system integrations with platforms, such as NoSQL db, Redis Cache, and S3
• Understanding of cloud platforms and providers, such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
• Experience working with private and public clouds
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools including Jenkins, Concourse or others
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work on challenging issues independently or in a team environment
• Ability to pair with a customer’s development team and guide them on leading-edge technologies
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and environments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.