CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Backend Developer in Jersey City, New Jersey
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Jersey City, New Jersey, US United States
Position ID: J1121-1140
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking to hire a Backend Developer who will be part of a product engineering team, building innovative solutions to support a frictionless onboarding experience for new customers and sales of new banking products and services to existing customers of the bank.
The ideal candidate will be required to apply a depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with team members and business stakeholders. As a team, embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning and play a key role in building solutions and products for a digital transformation. In addition, work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment, one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers
General purpose developers with C#, Azure Cloud (Functions, Events, Storage), API and integrations, event driven architecture and messaging experience
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Apply hands-on expertise in the design and development of enterprise-wide applications
• Analyze user requirements, design new system features, and functionality
• Prepare functional and technical development specifications to build high performance, data-led solutions
• Interface with a global team of developers and business partners
• Develop proof of concepts in the new areas of development
• Support continuous improvement of the automated systems and workflows
• Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment)
• Design and adhere to best practices, standards, and procedures
• Maintain clear and concise documentation on all software being developed to promote re-use.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational abilities
• Strong experience with Azure Cloud (Functions, Events, Storage)
• Strong experience of working in an Agile engineering environment
• Hands-on experience with .Net Framework 4.5/4.0, C#, WebAPI
• Hands-on experience with developing event-based solutions using message brokers, pub/sub, Kafka, Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Grid, Azure Event Hub, or similar technologies
• Hands-on experience building solutions using Microsoft RDBMS technologies and SQL
• Knowledge of working with CI/CD pipelines
• Knowledge of various transport protocols such as SFTP, SOAP, HTTPS
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases and distributed cache systems like REDIS
• Evangelize good engineering practices within enterprise and champion knowledge sharing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Education: Bachelor's Degree in CS or related Field
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Team Oriented, client facing skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams.
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84,000-$160,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.