CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Database Specialist in Knoxville, Tennessee
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2966
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI Federal is seeking Database Specialists for the Defense Media Activity to host service provider Web services for Department of Defense (DoD) organizations. The program provides fast, secure DoD management system to provide information sharing and various web-hosting for various DoD websites.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• SQL Server Administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, security)
• SQL programming (Views, Functions, Stored Process, SQL CLR)
• Design and deliver ETL and related components (SSIS/DTS/Azure)
• Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans
• Designing and optimizing relational and star schema databases
• Responsible for the monitoring and management of systems ensuring all systems checks are completed and documented and any service incidents are managed, resolved or escalated in a timely manner.
• Troubleshooting of operational problems
• Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5-8 years of experience.
• Clearance: Interim/Active Secret
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Cert: One of the following; Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP
• Requires CE Certification within 6 months of hire
• Experienced with Azure Data Factory
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills English;
• Excellent ability to document requests;
• Aptitude for problem solving, and strong analytical and synthetic thinking skills;
• Innovation, initiative, creativity, organization, thoroughness, self-sufficiency; and a team player;
• Ability to work in a production support environment;
• Knowledge of Investment Data is an Asset
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing an Asset
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.