CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Mid Level Java Developer in Knoxville, Tennessee
Mid Level Java Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
Mid Level Java Developer
City: Knoxville, Tennessee, US United States
Position ID: J0621-3219
Employment Type: Full Time
The best version of us starts with you! The best version of you starts here!
Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is seeking an exceptional Mid-Level Java Developer to join our Knoxville, TN team. . This position would suit a dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic software developer with a proven record of accomplishment not only in delivering quality applications, but also in providing excellent customer service.
You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements. Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives.
This role must be located in either Knoxville, TN.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Mid-level development; researching, learning, and implementing new technologies efficiently. Work on a highly skilled and diverse team supporting clients across multiple industries. Foster collaboration and provide insight while contributing to the completion of business requirements. Other responsibilities:
• Execute and contribute in all phases of the full software development lifecycle
• Recommend development options, including design, build, and test.
• Understand technical specs, translate functional designs into technical designs
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Support release and deployment
• Implement best practices
• Proactively help identify project risks and help mitigate problems
• Perform impact analysis to determine all the portions of the application which will need updating to implement the proposed changes
• Work collaboratively with the designers to create full featured interfaces
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Prepare and produce releases of software components
• Test code changes and resolve differences between expected and actual results
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
• Ensure that software meets or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
• Resolve technical problems discovered by the team and internal clients. Responding in a timely manner. Researching issues and performing root cause analysis
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with Agile Methodology
• Team oriented and can work with minimal oversight
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Planning and organizing skills
• Proactive behavior and ownership
• Three plus years’ experience in Java and an understanding of the software development life cycle. Java development; analysis, maintenance and testing of a Java code base in support of web-based applications
• AWS development experience
• Python, C++, C, or C# a plus
• Unit/Integrated/User-Acceptance Testing
• Three plus years of experience Angular / Spring Boot frameworks
• Programming skills using object-oriented programming (OOP) languages
• Experience with other contemporary Java technologies (e.g. Weblogic, RabbitMQ, Tomcat, etc.)
• Experience in JSP, J2EE, and JDBC
• Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) basic SQL query language skills
• HTML / CSS / SASS = 2 plus years
Skill Set Years of Experience
Java 3+ years
Angular 3+ years
Spring Boot 3+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience with full stack development a plus
• Agile experience
• Knowledge of Spring and Maven frameworks, HTML, CSS
• Knowledge or relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) basic SQL query language skills
• Test Driven Development
• UI Testing Frameworks
Customer Service & Support
User Acceptance Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.