Mid-Level Java Developer
Mid-Level Java Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
Main location: United States, Tennessee, Knoxville
Position ID: J1223-0440
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
U.S. - What we do matters
CGI is seeking a Java Developer using Spring Frameworks with modern software engineering practices and respective tools. Working in a cross-functional agile scrum team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, demoing, and documenting enhancements to an enterprise web application. You will evaluate business features to determine the best approach for meeting the acceptance criteria within the existing application. You will be involved in backlog refinement, planning of sprints, sprint reviews/demos as well as be responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
This role is based in our Knoxville Delivery Center
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work within development teams to design, develop, test, implement, document, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
• Coach and mentor other team members and help the team remove any technical challenges associated with Spring Frameworks
• Perform detailed code reviews from other team members, provide feedback in a constructive manner, and make sure the team is following coding standards
• Ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end user requirements
• Contribute to continuously improving software engineering practices through identification and implementation of improvements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of experience as a software engineer with focus on Java development
• 2+ years proven development experience in Java Frameworks (Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate)
• Proficient in JSON, REST API's, JPA, Spring Boot
• Experience in working with relational databases (e.g., Postgres)
• Experience in working with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
• 2+ years of experience writing application unit tests using frameworks such as Junit
• Experience with application design patterns
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Must work from the CGI Knoxville office
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• Experience working with Spring Batch, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Spring Gateway
• Understanding and experience working in CI/CD environments and tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Concourse
• Experience working with Kafka creating producers and consumers
• Experience working with Camunda for implementation of business process flows
• Experience working with microfrontends and/or web components in Angular
• Experience working in a cross-functional agile-scrum product development team
*CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $77,200 -$135,200.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment.
Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.