CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS DevOps Developer in Lafayette, Louisiana
AWS DevOps Developer
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS DevOps Developer
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J1021-2235
Employment Type: Full Time
Want to leverage your experience and development skills in the Healthcare industry as a Hadoop (Hive+SQL) Developer?
CGI is seeking a AWS Devops Developer who can bring in expertise and industry best practices define better development and Engg approaches. This is an exciting opportunity to augment your current skills, as well as, learn new technologies. Work must be performed from Lafayette, LA, Bloomfield, CT or New York, NY.
This position encompasses both leadership and individual contributor responsibilities. Critical technical skills include familiarity with Cloud-based build and deployment pipelines, Infrastructure-as-Code, Kubernetes (OpenShift exp. required), Jenkins/CloudBees, Python, Terraform, Docker, as well as Enterprise DevOps or similar shared service team experience.
· Candidates for this position must have at least 5 years’ experience in Object Oriented Programming within a delivery team, as well as worked on a DevOps team that supported a set of engineers. The candidate understands the importance of quality and responsiveness in meeting customer expectations. Success in this position requires you to be a self-motivated team player and an open-minded contributor who can help the team reach it its larger goals.
· Continuously improve software engineering practices.
· Work within and across Agile teams to test and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the Healthcare Industry, this role is for you.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Ownership of custom DevOps tools internally built to drive a reduction in speed to market.
• Through a hands on approach, conduct software engineering, code reviews and deliver innovative software tools, technologies, and application frameworks. Maintain deep levels of involvement in the implementation process.
• Ensure adherence to existing DevOps enterprise direction and architectural strategies.
• Function as a hands-on member of the DevOps teams - guiding & mentoring team to design, document, develop, test, deploy and maintain products and solutions.
• Partner with software delivery teams & DevOps colleagues to build release pipelines and orchestrate dynamic environments.
• Design and implement CI/CD pipelines as applicable partnering with Enterprise DevOps.
• Creating real-time monitoring, metrics and alerts across all applications.
• Develop deployment and automation tools.
• Collaborate with Enterprise and Program Release Management teams.
• Provide support to project and program leads; ensuring environment planning and delivery.
• Review Production deployment plan and provide feedback and suggestions as applicable.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Worked on an Enterprise / Shared Service DevOps team previously.
5+ years of experience in Software Development and Best Practices.
Expert with AWS technologies.
Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
Significant experience with Cloudbees Core / Jenkins automated build pipelines.
Comfort following versioning and release strategies with GIT.
Must have 3+ years’ experience with Python. Bash, AWS API Libraries, AWS CLI, Java and/or Groovy helpful.
Experience with infrastructure automation tools (such as Ansible or Terraform).
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.