CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. AWS Sr Full Stack Engineer –Big Data Experience in Lafayette, Louisiana
AWS Sr Full Stack Engineer –Big Data Experience
Create your Profile | Sign in
Activate Career Alerts
Find similar career opportunities
AWS Sr Full Stack Engineer –Big Data Experience
Category: Software Development/ Engineering
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, US United States
Position ID: J0122-1273
Employment Type: Full Time
Join this exciting Data Analytics and Engineering team as a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer! With your expertise with data solutions you will work with a high-performing team to analyze and evaluate data feeds and provide solutions to support the client decision making process. You will support and interact with the client daily in an Agile way of working. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI’s and our client’s success.
You will work within a team and apply your subject matter knowledge of Big Data and Data Lakes. You possess sufficient knowledge and skills to effectively deal with issues, challenges within your field of specialization. You are a high-level professional with direct impact on results and outcome
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The role involves working with business and technical experts to implement software engineering best practices that promote the highest reusability across the client’s organization globally. Their International team creates global solutions at enterprise scale with complete automation.
You will be responsible for the delivery of a business needs end-to-end, from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production.
The focus for this team is on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems, with the unique opportunity to:
• Tackle emerging data privacy rules and regulations that vary all over the world
• Use cutting edge technology in the AWS cloud environment with global/enterprise scope
Work in a collaborative environment with people around the globe•
• Drive automation and integrate with CI/CD tools for continuous validation.
• Drive mentality of building well architected applications for AWS Cloud
• Drive the mentality of quality being owned by the entire team.
• Identify code defects and work with other developers to address quality issues in product code.
• Finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
• Articulate clear business objectives aligned to technical specifications and work in an iterative agile pattern daily.
• Ownership over your work task, and are comfortable interacting with all levels of the team and raise challenges when necessary.
• Core code production for back, middle and front-end applications
• Deploying and developing AWS cloud applications and services end to end
• Operational triage of bugs, failed test cases and system failures
• Creating and optimizing infrastructure performance metrics
• Mapping user stories to detailed technical specifications
• Complete detailed peer code reviews
• Architecting pilots and proofs-of-concept effort to spur innovation
• Working in all stages of the development lifecycle
• Automation of manual data object creation and test cases
• Ask smart questions, collaborate, team up, take risks, and champion new ideas
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The candidate should have below skills and expertise.
• Extensive experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
• Strong Terraform IaaS experience.
• Knowledge of Micro service and serverless architectures
• Experience with DevOps & CI/CD tools – Jenkins, Cloudbees, Please Build, etc.
• Proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, Java, Scala, but Python preferred
• Proficiency working with large data stores and data sets
• Deep understanding of database concepts and design for SQL (primarily) and NoSQL (secondarily) -- schema design, optimization, scalability, etc.
• Solid experience with git software version control and good understanding of code branching strategies and organization for code reuse
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
GIT / Jenkins 2+ years intermediate
Oracle / SQL Server DB
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Linux / UNIX operating system environment, comfort with bash scripting and command line
• Experience in streaming data, such as Kafka, Kinesis
• Machine learning and/or artificial intelligence experience
• Experience building RESTful APIs (e.g. Python/Swagger)
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related Field
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.