CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. C++ Solutions Architect in Lafayette, Louisiana
C++ Solutions Architect
Find similar career opportunities
C++ Solutions Architect
City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J1218-0453
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is the vendor of a highly popular Federal financial and acquisition ERP solution. Through a program of iterative releases using Agile/SAFe and DevOps best practices, we are planning to remove technical blockers, evolve the user experience, and improve information handling while we transition from ERP/macroservices to a microservices solution. However, we will be retaining and expanding our core business logic, much of which is currently written in C++, as we make this transition.
We are looking for an experienced C++ solution architect who can develop solution designs, scope technical initiatives and epics, develop frameworks, and guide/mentor scrum teams in support of program priorities. The ideal candidate will have deep passion for C++ development and will be looking for a long term position that will allow you to embed yourself into our large, complex enterprise system. The best case scenario is that you have development experience with enterprise and/or ERP solutions (SAP, Oracle, Momentum, Deltek, and/or other State/Local ERP products, for example) leveraging key platforms and technologies that include third party application integration, not just a website or an application.
We own this intellectual property, so you will be delivering software that is the basis for a major revenue stream for our company. The ideal candidate will be deeply experienced with C++ and is creative and motivated by the challenge of unravelling complicated system transitions as we embark on this modernization.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full time member of the Solution Architecture Group, the Solution Architect uses his/her deep knowledge of C++ and development best practices to support definition and delivery of the product roadmap. This includes technical opportunities to advance the baseline software imminently and in the future, crafting technical documents for large or complex initiatives, evaluating technologies and/or alternate approaches, working with Product Managers to estimate and design new enhancements, and supporting program-level trade-offs on priorities.
The Solution Architect role requires an individual capable of designing and developing architecture framework capabilities to ensure a technical runway so that development momentum is not delayed. This person has strong collaborative skills who can work and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure the product is of the highest quality. This person will provide technical expertise as a member of an architecture team that supports products under active development in an Agile environment. This is a long term role requiring the commitment and dedication to ensure the quality and viability of the products are maintained. The Solution Architect will:
• Design and document solution architectures for new enhancements, systems, and applications.
• Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions.
• Scope technical epics for assigned initiatives.
• Evaluate existing framework and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for implementing a solution architecture or enhancement design.
• Prepare the assigned agile team to begin work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to PI Planning.
• Provide ongoing support to agile teams throughout a PI to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Conduct code reviews for agile teams to ensure compliance with application development standards, technical requirements, and designed architectures.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Continuously identify and escalate any risks to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain a pulse on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to:
o learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
o assist in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
o comply with design standards and processes to promote quality.
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand their technical requirements, provide support on current software implementations, and make recommendations for a product path forward.
• Support estimation for new product features, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Mangers, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Principle Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role for complex, reliable software systems
• Technical expertise in C++ on large scale, enterprise or ERP applications
• Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail as needed to define and oversee a plan for implementation of software objects toward an overall solution
• Experience working in and leading teams an Agile development environment.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Ability to translate functional designs into technical solutions.
• Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for status updates, technical issues, architectural considerations, and engineering assessment of product goals.
• Ability to understand complex technical concepts and translating them into detailed, executable plans
• Experience developing and documenting architecture framework capabilities for use by other development teams
• Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and technical direction.
• Ability to prioritize across multiple competing interests and recognize situations requiring escalation.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• BS/BA degree.
• Excellent product delivery skills.
• Functional knowledge in one or more areas of the Momentum software suite or equivalent software package
• Experience working with brand new applications or legacy applications.
• Experience working with remote teams.
- Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
- C+ What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.