CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. End User IT Support Technician (On-site) in Lafayette, Louisiana
End User IT Support Technician (On-site)
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is looking for an IT End User Support Technician to support our members out of our Lafayette, LA office. Our working style is open, engaging and fun. Teamwork here is not just a phrase; it's really how we operate. Along with challenging work, we learn through continuing education, training and mentoring. You’ll oversee the end user community on site in Lafayette, as well as provide support to users remotely. On occasion, you’ll support projects with travel opportunities. The successful candidate will have a passion for IT and customer service along with professional work ethic.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Expected to manage the end user support environment for all end-user hardware, software and connectivity, as well as project work.
• Expected to be innovative, offer transformative concepts, lead upgrades and initiatives.
• Expected to provide timely reporting on all aspects of the environment, and to provide Queue Management, Smart Hands support, and Asset Coordination services at site.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must be able to work independently with no on-site supervision
• Must be a self-starter, who stays abreast of the latest technology, and has a passion for IT and providing a great customer experience
• Must provide collaborative and consultative guidance for innovations and initiatives.
• Credentials should present several years of end user support experience, as well as high-level technical experience/understanding of: SCCM, Active Directory, general Systems Management, Networking, MAC, end-user hardware devices (smartphones, laptops/desktops, tablets, etc.) as well as and Microsoft operating systems platforms.
• Must be willing and pro-active in supporting Client Security, Computer Usage and Business Policies
• Active Directory (General) - 3 years, Proficiency Level of Intermediate
• Intel and MAC/Apple hardware - 3 years, Proficiency Level of Intermediate
• Microsoft Operating Systems to Windows 10 - 5 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
• SCCM/(SMS) - 2 years, Proficiency Level of Intermediate
• End-User Devices Hardware - 5 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
• Android and iOS Operating Systems - 3 years, Proficiency Level of Intermediate
• Endpoint Security - 3-5 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
• Network connectivity and concepts - 5 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
• Team-Oriented - 10 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
• Project-Oriented - 5 years, Proficiency Level of Senior
Minimum Education Required - Bachelor's Degree
• Must be able to interact with Client and CGI Management professionally
• Needs Ability to coordinate multiple Vendor Relationships
• Must be able to handle Client growth in the end-user environment
• Must have Excellent professional presentation, excellent communication and documentation skills
• Must be able to create, implement and enforce processes and policies
• Must be able to interact with other technical towers on a level commensurate with those skillsets
• Must have sufficient knowledge (and currency) of networking and desktop technologies to be able to support and mentor technicians
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.